New from Texas

Acunamatata

Established Member
What's up people, I'm Alex new to the terminator world.
Always wanted one since the day they were born, but I was young and broke back then..lol.
I'm 34 now and still broke. .jk
Anyways just recently picked up a 2004 red fire convertible with 100k on the clock, it's got some miles on it, but it seems to be in good shape as far as I'm concerned.
I bought it two weeks ago and I haven't been able to drive it yet :(, first week it was raining a lot, then I took it to HPP Racing to have the experts inspect the vehicle since they are the best when it comes to mustangs.
New oil
New plugs
New fuel filter
Something called BAP
and of course a dyno tune!

The car has a CAI, unknown upper pully, bbk mid pipe, flowmasters, and magnaflow back exhaust/pipes/tips
Short shifter, clutch, subframe connectors.
Lowered on eibach springs and some 315s nittos.

The bad: small paint chips on the hood, minimum tho
Rear end has a leak and also it looks like the power steering line leaks as well.
It appears that the crank/shaft sensor went out on the final dyno pull so the car is still at the shop.
It will be get fix and it will run the way it should.
Plans/goals for the car are 600 RWHP, I'm not sure what route I'll go on this one, but it would be my tuners choice!

Hope to find some dallas fellas around here.

Best regards

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP! And congratulations on buying your 2004 Cobra convertible. Very smart having HPP Racing go through it so that you better know what you have. I'm surprised that they added a Kenne Bell BAP (Boost-A-Pump). Did they tell you after datalogging that your pumps weren't supplying enough fuel? Do you have the stock injectors and stock MAF? Is the blower unported?

Acunamatata

Established Member
Manny called me to tell me that the fuel pressure was dropping to the floor on the dyno while tunning it.
Fuel injectors look to be the stock blue ones.
Ported blower? I don't know
Stock maf yes

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok. Just curious why they installed the BAP. Home ported blowers would be difficult to identify without removing the blower. Steigemeier ported blowers have a logo tab on the top of the blower. Yours is likely not ported.

Users who are viewing this thread