New from Tampa

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
What's up? I'm Darrell and just recently picked up my 03 DSG Cobra from a friend that had to sell. The car is fully built with a couple of tuning issues I have to get worked out. Built shortblock with a Kenne Bell 2.8, Built T56 trans, tubular K member and A arms, KYB adj fronts and an 8.8 with 3.55's, 31 spline axles and QA1 adj rears. A really fun all around track/street car. Thanks. :beer:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Welcome fellow TB'er.

Sweet Terminator.

(definitely shrink the sig pic though)

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
Welcome to the site Darrell. I'm John, met you approx. a month ago @ Lowes. Maybe this rain will stop on Fridays and we can meet up again. Nice color....its my favorite!!!:burnout:

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome, sorry about the sig pic, my phone only uploads one size from photobucket so screw it for now. John, we will def catch up again man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance, Darrell. Your '03 Cobra sounds awesome, and a beast! Nice that you can drive it year round down there. :)

Enjoy your time here. It's a great forum! :)

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Welcome to the site. :beer:

I'm from Tampa. I miss it a lot and will be headed back that way for good in January (living in Orlando, but I'll be visiting Tampa pretty often). Are there ever any meets out that way? It would be great to put some faces to names.

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
Welcome to the site. :beer:

I'm from Tampa. I miss it a lot and will be headed back that way for good in January (living in Orlando, but I'll be visiting Tampa pretty often). Are there ever any meets out that way? It would be great to put some faces to names.

Definitely, there is still a car scene goin on, meets in Tampa and we are still trying to keep the Sunday night cruise alive meeting in Pinellas and cruising the bridges. I'll send you a PM on another forum you can check out, I'm not sure how it is here with promoting other forums and don't wanna piss anyone off. We can def catch up sometime :beer:

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
You gonna have Matt tune that beast?

Yeah more than likely, I had it tuned in Pinellas, you probably know who, and it runs good it's just not making the power it should but he did what he could after a lot of pulls and almost 3 or 4 hours :shrug:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
LOL same person tuned my car....pretty funny story actually. I am very, very very loyal to people who work on my cars until i get ****ed....Matt had a 4r70w for sale and i said i would buy it if i could use the lift at his shop to install it. Me and my buddy darren went down to Sarasota to install it and when we were down there Matt invited us to a charity dyno event. Toys for tots style. Naturally i was in.

Procharged 2001 Mustang Cobra R - YouTube

There is my dyno video. Short while after i went to Josh's shop because my new return fuel system was leaking. He than commented "i saw the video of your car that new tune is WAYYYYYY off you shouldn't have changed mine, new tune is rich as hell" Which i replied with...thats your tune still me and darren installed the new trans thats it. Than he tried charging me 200 bucks to fix his **** up on my fuel system. Matt is now my tuner lol

neatofrito1618

Established Member
This isn't the DSG Terminator that had the original engine replaced by Ford, is it?

Welcome. I'm from Seminole but I live over in Land O' Lakes at the moment.

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
LOL same person tuned my car....pretty funny story actually. I am very, very very loyal to people who work on my cars until i get ****ed....Matt had a 4r70w for sale and i said i would buy it if i could use the lift at his shop to install it. Me and my buddy darren went down to Sarasota to install it and when we were down there Matt invited us to a charity dyno event. Toys for tots style. Naturally i was in.

Procharged 2001 Mustang Cobra R - YouTube

There is my dyno video. Short while after i went to Josh's shop because my new return fuel system was leaking. He than commented "i saw the video of your car that new tune is WAYYYYYY off you shouldn't have changed mine, new tune is rich as hell" Which i replied with...thats your tune still me and darren installed the new trans thats it. Than he tried charging me 200 bucks to fix his **** up on my fuel system. Matt is now my tuner lol
Wow really? I have heard mixed reviews but someone recomended him to me that he has been tuning for a long tme and josh was closer to me

OH3 Cobra

Established Member
This isn't the DSG Terminator that had the original engine replaced by Ford, is it?

Welcome. I'm from Seminole but I live over in Land O' Lakes at the moment.

No I dont believe that ford replaced the engine. The shortblock was built about 10,000 miles ago at Coastal dyno.

jj98cobra

Established Member
Welcome! Im up near Tarpon, let me know if you ever get up here, theres a few meets around here but mostly rice and srt4s.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Wow really? I have heard mixed reviews but someone recomended him to me that he has been tuning for a long tme and josh was closer to me

on paper everything was good....any guy that talks openly about how he is high all the time...should have been a red flag from the start

Users who are viewing this thread