New Ford Ranger Raptor!

blk02edge

Established Member
Those complaining about the Raptor name on the Ranger that was clearly designed to mimic the F150 Raptor on a smaller scale, wtf? I would not be surprised if the new Bronco also uses the Raptor name if they outfit it similar.

If you want to complain about a name being used different from it's origin, prepare yourselves for the upcoming "Mach 1" electric powered sport SUV...
My fingers are crossed that becomes a reality! Broncos are very popular in that scene too
wmprerunner--solo-motorsports-bronco.jpg

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Raptor is just an option box.
No different then “max tow”.
It’s not a specific model, too many forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ibismojo

Established Member
Hopefully this makes it to the US with the 9" style rear end!

At 67.3" track width, presumably on 33's, Ranger Raptor is 1.5" wider than the ZR2, should get slightly more wheel travel. Based on the Aussie Ranger specs, Ranger Raptor would be 6" wider, 3" over each side....should be good for 12+" of front wheel travel.

Lighter truck, swapped with bigger tires and bigger shocks....wouldn't be surprised if it could keep up with the F-150 in the whoops with less power.

ZR2 Dimensions: 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

Aussie Ranger Dimensions:
https://www.ford.com.au/content/dam...ger/brochure/Ranger-Brochure-October-2017.pdf

Ranger Raptor:
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/07...or-is-a-small-scale-version-of-the-hopped-up/

Sounds like the Ranger Raptor will come with 2.5 internal bypassed Fox Shocks, similar to the first gen Raptor.

Lol at people using marketing material to convince others Raptor is a race truck. No wonder fake news works so well, people are idiots.

blk02edge

Established Member
Would love to build a Bronco for offroading.
You know what's done to it?
That one was entirely built in house by Solo motorsports, whats not done is a better question :p
@blk02edge what is your opinion on kings vs fox shocks?
Dont have an opinion, I own Radflo because they seem to have better corrosion resistance, I have never owned a set of Kings, id assume fox vs king is like ford vs chevy

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
@blk02edge
Haven’t heard of them yet. Im about to check that one out.
When I looking to do suspension work on my FX4 years ago. I was told by an off-road shop and many others that King was for ones who actually used their trucks and Fox was for the Mall crowd.
Where Im at we got a couple full long travel tacomas running around with cages in the back and i see them running kings and just wanted another opinion

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Raptor is just an option box.
No different then “max tow”.
It’s not a specific model, too many forget that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wat? so the svt cobra is just an option package for the v6 rental mustang? Is that how that works?

blk02edge

Established Member
@blk02edge
Haven’t heard of them yet. Im about to check that one out.
When I looking to do suspension work on my FX4 years ago. I was told by an off-road shop and many others that King was for ones who actually used their trucks and Fox was for the Mall crowd.
Where Im at we got a couple full long travel tacomas running around with cages in the back and i see them running kings and just wanted another opinion
Ahh, definitely not just a mall crawl brand lol, in the offroad shop world you get severe bitter brand bias because everyone screws eachother over. Doesn't reflect much on the actual product. I had a shop tell me Radflo was junk, even though at the time they were the most popular shock in Dakar.

Fox-king-swayaway-icon-radlfo etc id be hard pressed to believe one dampens better than the other as long as you have a big enough shock and the correct length travel you're golden.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Way I see it:

1.Brand: Ford
2.Vehicle: F150
3 Model/Trim (Limited, Raptor, XL, XLT, etc)
4. Options(Towing package*, Leather seats, navigation, or 800A/801A/802A for packages etc)

I can see where your coming from.

But an raptor is just an f150 with different shit to me.
Like I said before fx4 goes across every line of truck. Fx2 as well.

If it sells ford will put it as a package on any line it can.

Platinum(in your example), I think, is another one that is almost available on every single thing they make. So should they limit platinum to, oh I dunno a flex?

No more king ranch’s for the super duty’s either that’s half ton only option now.

Do you see where I’m at?

Either way the R2 is gonna be a blast if it comes here and unless you need a higher tow rating probably the way most people will go. I know I would.

Sent from cold area north of mericasvtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. Even more so since it is literally the same model of car.

The ranger is a different model lineup altogether

You’ve said some crazy shit on this forum. But this takes the cake. JT disapproves and he will not let you open the box.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You’ve said some crazy shit on this forum. But this takes the cake. JT disapproves and he will not let you open the box.

Lol. Noooo I take it all back.

Everything from a base(are we talking about 03-04?) mustang can be unbolted and swap in a cobra driveline.

Tell me I’m wrong

Users who are viewing this thread