New Fishin' Truck For Mach Daddy ; )

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

I started this project on January 4. Here we are 3 months and 2 days later with just a couple of minor things left but she's certainly road worthy and does not disappoint.

I can't take my Mach 1 fishing ... or even get her on wet pavement for that matter ... sooooooo ... my project.

The motor hums like a sewing machine and on the road she drives smoooooooth and quiet ... except, of course for the Alpine stereo system complete with amp and powered sub-woofers. :)

Here's how she looked when I bought her ... A WHOLE LOT rougher than the pics depict ... sucky wheels/tires and all:

80_3.JPG

91_3.JPG

These were in the OMG !!! phase of the project:

1001071smry6.jpg

1001072smem3.jpg

A little progress:

1001086smre1.jpg

1001087smap0.jpg

1001125smap2.jpg

1001167smns7.jpg

1001168smet3.jpg

And now ... The finished product:

New grill, billet insert, headlight/turnlight assemblies, brushguard blasted and powdercoated, new trim and badges, new painted fender skirts, new headers with true-dual exhaust that dumps in front of the rear wheels ...

002ms6.jpg

Nose-on view with the Black and Red SS bowtie ...

003ch9.jpg

Passenger side view ...

004td6.jpg

I love the SS bowtie ...

005jv5.jpg

Other angles ...

006km0.jpg

007ow7.jpg

008xi0.jpg

Hood detail ...

010xl1.jpg

011vk1.jpg

Under hood ... K&N CAI, Optima Marine Deep Cycle Battery ...

013ju1.jpg

Interior: New dash bezels, new heated leather seats, shampooed and steamed carpet and headliner, new overhead console ...

016fo0.jpg

my.php

Thanks for letting me share. I can't wait to get her to the hills for the first trout assault of the year.

Y'all be safe and have fun. :)

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If it had a tailgate combo instead of the doors I was going to PM you an offer for it.

I wish they still made a 2dr Tahoe/Blazer.

Ben 98

Established Member
I love my 2dr tahoe and MD you got me inspired to start looking back into my idea for my build up of mine(solid front axle swap)

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
mblgjr said:
If it had a tailgate combo instead of the doors I was going to PM you an offer for it.

I wish they still made a 2dr Tahoe/Blazer.

I had a new one in 1995 with the tailgate. I liked the looks of it better but people would open the glass, lean over the tailgate, and scratch the paint with their buttons, belt buckles, zippers ... :fm:

I hope the door configuration prevents the problem from recurring. :shrug:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Good looking pickup Mach, even if it is a Bowtie, haha.

You should take a couple pics with it and the Mach. I love your Mach. It's so damn mean looking.

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Thanks !!!

I will get pics of the Mach 1 and the Tahoe together ... when it quits snowing. :fm:

It was 85 degrees here on Wednesday ... Supposed to get 4 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow and the high on Monday is supposed to be 75.

mrose75

Established Member
Man, that is nice!!! But won't you scare all the fish away with the system and the exhaust??

Speedy1

Established Member
Great builup man. I'm a Ford guy through and through, but that Tahoe looks mean as hell. Good luck with her!

Users who are viewing this thread