New exhaust on the GT

Bluebullit

Established Member
hey guys let me know what ya think

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-fdXZK84Ak"]YouTube - 2001 mustang gt magnapacks[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJqLaJw-IFU"]YouTube - 2001 mustang gt launch[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCvGKda3FXs"]YouTube - 2001 mustang gt magnapacks fly by[/ame]

thanks

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
They sound great..normally i dont like them with an offroad xpipe..i had a maggy catted high flow xpipe with magnapack cat-back on my 02 gt and loved it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally I think it sounds great! Always liked the sound of Magnapacks. Not quiet. But nice! :)

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Get a Bassani T-304 stainless steel x-pipe with competition cats, it would sound perfect. Trust me, i like your setup though & nice GT

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah i have been looking into getting a true x to help clean it out a lil but im not sure if i want cats but i might in the future

thanks for all the comments guys!

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah im not real sure if i like the sound inside and i was thinking about getting Mac SS mufflers or going back to the steeda but ill probably leave it the way it is for a while

Bluebullit

Established Member
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

haha i know your a Mac fan from looking at some of your other post but i did have flowmasters with an O/R H and i didnt like how they got hallow as i went through the gears and i cant find a car with the identical set up as me with shorties, O/R X and Mac SS cause if they dont have cams my car wont sound like theirs thats the thing

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I like the sound when your at WOT throttle, not so crazy about it under normal throttle but Im not a big fan of that style muffler. But hey to each his own congrats on the new set up.:rockon:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
yeah i have been looking into getting a true x to help clean it out a lil but im not sure if i want cats but i might in the future

thanks for all the comments guys!

Bassani's cats are sweet and clean up the sound up to wide open. I had my car dyno'd a Modular Powerhouse and it was a 5 hp difference between catted and non catted so why not put some cats on it ? It sounded 10 times better with my setup anyways (C&L Intake, Bassani catted x & magnaflow catback #15671)

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I think it sounds good. Definitely doesn't have the high pitched sound that alot of people like, but it has a nice mellow (but not quiet) sound.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
haha i know your a Mac fan from looking at some of your other post but i did have flowmasters with an O/R H and i didnt like how they got hallow as i went through the gears and i cant find a car with the identical set up as me with shorties, O/R X and Mac SS cause if they dont have cams my car wont sound like theirs thats the thing

yea...I like the hollow sound for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread