New England SVT Service

cmaxey

Established Member
I am seeking service on my 2003 SVT Mustang. Can anyone recommend a Boston area dealership to examine the rattling noise associated with my clutch. No slippage, rattling goes away if I use my toe to lift up on the clutch petal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try posting the question in the regional forum. You'll probably get a quicker response and more exposure.

Busta1

Established Member
You can try the East Bridgewater Ford dealership. One of the mechanics is a Cobra owner. He also does work either through the dealership or side work on Cobras. My KB install was top notch along with my clutch. If you're interested I'll give you the dealerships number.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Honestly I would find out how and do it yourself.
I know I wouldn't trust my car or any car putting
out that much power to any shop.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just curious. Does the rattling sound like it is coming from the pedal area? I ask because you said when you lift the pedal slightly with your toe the noise goes away.

cmaxey

Established Member
The rattle sounds like it is coming from the clutch area. The clutch doesn't slip at all which makes believe that the pressure plate/clutch itself is fine.

cmaxey

Established Member
Actually, thinking about it, the sound also sounds like it is coming from under the dash...

Busta1

Established Member
Craig, The number is 508-583-5500 then dial 2 for the service dept. and ask for Dan. Good luck.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I would try the "LDC Freeplay" spring first - especially if you have an aftermarket quadrant and adjuster. I think Lethal carries them. It's about a 5 minute install, and will take up the extra slop in the cable that allows the pedal to rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread