New engine update

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I have been away from the forum do to work and Raising Autism Awareness.

Here is were we are as of today with the 2010 GT500

Mike from L&M Engines, we now have a custom built race engine, Mike did an amazing job for us and supported us all the way with his amazing knowledge of engine builds. Mike took the time and listened as we explained what this engine was going to be put thru.. Mike is in a league of his own on top.

The man who coached us was Van from Revan Racing, with his knowledge and expertise, we built an amazing Shelby for Targa Newfoundland.
Van's knowledge of road racing and knowing what it takes from his experience will help us along the way during our 7 day 2200 km closed road rally race. You the man Van,,,

The man behind the scenes to tune this car, was no other than Jon Lund, with his ability to do a remote tune for us in Newfoundland. Jon knows his stuff as you all know, just amazes me..

The car put down 840 RWHP, 743 RWTQ on a dyno dynamics dyno...

Thankyou to everyone involved in this build,

Ray Halleran
Racing4Autism :rockon:

Ironhand

Banned
You have one of THE best combos of Engine builders, Road race experience, and Tuners in the country!

Van@RevanRacing

Hi everyone,

I have been away from the forum do to work and Raising Autism Awareness.

Here is were we are as of today with the 2010 GT500

Mike from L&M Engines, we now have a custom built race engine, Mike did an amazing job for us and supported us all the way with his amazing knowledge of engine builds. Mike took the time and listened as we explained what this engine was going to be put thru.. Mike is in a league of his own on top.

The man who coached us was Van from Revan Racing, with his knowledge and expertise, we built an amazing Shelby for Targa Newfoundland.
Van's knowledge of road racing and knowing what it takes from his experience will help us along the way during our 7 day 2200 km closed road rally race. You the man Van,,,

The man behind the scenes to tune this car, was no other than Jon Lund, with his ability to do a remote tune for us in Newfoundland. Jon knows his stuff as you all know, just amazes me..

The car put down 840 RWHP, 743 RWTQ on a dyno dynamics dyno...

Thankyou to everyone involved in this build,

Ray Halleran
Racing4Autism :rockon:

Thanks Ray and we are all pulling for you and Racing 4 Autism in Targa Newfoundland 2011.

Show the competition what a Shelby can do!

:beer:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Very nice! Def a great combo of guys to work with.

What fuel are you using.

Seahorse

Established Member
Was out for a spin in it, and that was before final tuning - it's a crazy ride Ray's got there!!!

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Custom Built L&M Race Engine, Balanced, Blueprinted,
Ford GT wet sump block
Steel crank, Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts thru-out .
L&M/Diamond Custom Pistons W/.300 Thick Domes, Ceramic Coated, .300 Down Ring, Teflon Coated .130" Skirts, Tool Steel Pins, with Total Seal AP rings
Race Rod & Hi-Perf Main bearings.
Custom design CNC Heads, valve job, resurface,
High Performance oil pump & screen, Custom designed .575" lift CNC Cams,
Ford Modular 4V .600 lift valve springs,
Ferrea Super Alloy exhaust valves and intake valves, titanium retainers,
Custom timing sprockets with different timing locations,
1 Canton Road Race GT 500 oil pan,
3.6LC KB Supercharger kit.

Ok guys, there is to much to list on this car for mods, if you wanna see the full build its on our facebook group Racing4Autism.

As mentioned earlier, Van has helped build this car over the past year. There will be a video released about the car and who are the key people involved.

Thankyou to all who support us in raising autism awareness.

Ray

IA Shelby

Established Member
Custom Built L&M Race Engine, Balanced, Blueprinted,
Ford GT wet sump block
Steel crank, Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts thru-out .
L&M/Diamond Custom Pistons W/.300 Thick Domes, Ceramic Coated, .300 Down Ring, Teflon Coated .130" Skirts, Tool Steel Pins, with Total Seal AP rings
Race Rod & Hi-Perf Main bearings.
Custom design CNC Heads, valve job, resurface,
High Performance oil pump & screen, Custom designed .575" lift CNC Cams,
Ford Modular 4V .600 lift valve springs,
Ferrea Super Alloy exhaust valves and intake valves, titanium retainers,
Custom timing sprockets with different timing locations,
1 Canton Road Race GT 500 oil pan,
3.6LC KB Supercharger kit.

Ok guys, there is to much to list on this car for mods, if you wanna see the full build its on our facebook group Racing4Autism.

As mentioned earlier, Van has helped build this car over the past year. There will be a video released about the car and who are the key people involved.

Thankyou to all who support us in raising autism awareness.

Ray

Ray:

Thank you for raising awareness for Autism. As a father of two autistic sons (ages 11, 8) I appreciate all that you are doing. I purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500. One of the main reasons was that my oldest son is car crazy. He doesn't care for sports but he loves "fast cars". He likes to ride in the back of my convertible with the top down and thrown his hands up like he is on a roller coaster when I step on the gas pedal. It has been great for both of us to have another hobby that we can share together. Van has been helping me as well, Great guy.

McTag

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Ray:

Thank you for raising awareness for Autism. As a father of two autistic sons (ages 11, 8) I appreciate all that you are doing. I purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500. One of the main reasons was that my oldest son is car crazy. He doesn't care for sports but he loves "fast cars". He likes to ride in the back of my convertible with the top down and thrown his hands up like he is on a roller coaster when I step on the gas pedal. It has been great for both of us to have another hobby that we can share together. Van has been helping me as well, Great guy.

McTag

That is awesome McTag that your family enjoys the car, my daughter is 8 years old and is the inspiration to the team name and to me as a father, she loves rides in the car as well.
Everyone can follow us thru facebook, our website and many news articles and media interviews as well. This whole idea started as a fathers day gift in 2009 and has grew to 32 countries around the world, to me its about the kids and adults living with Autism and yes I do enjoy the cars as well.
Many people and Sponsors have helped to build these two cars and we appreciate there support. There truly is wonderful people out there and Van Collier is one of then.

Any questions please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you from the Racing for Autism Team :rockon:

Van@RevanRacing

That is awesome McTag that your family enjoys the car, my daughter is 8 years old and is the inspiration to the team name and to me as a father, she loves rides in the car as well.
Everyone can follow us thru facebook, our website and many news articles and media interviews as well. This whole idea started as a fathers day gift in 2009 and has grew to 32 countries around the world, to me its about the kids and adults living with Autism and yes I do enjoy the cars as well.
Many people and Sponsors have helped to build these two cars and we appreciate there support. There truly is wonderful people out there and Van Collier is one of then.

Any questions please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you from the Racing for Autism Team :rockon:

Ray

Are financial donations Tax Deductible for U.S. Residents?

Van

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Ray

Are financial donations Tax Deductible for U.S. Residents?

Van

I found some info and will have a better answer tomorrow..

Certain foreign charitable organizations. Under income tax treaties with Canada, Israel, and Mexico, you may be able to deduct contributions to certain Canadian, Israeli, or Mexican charitable organizations. Generally, you must have income from sources in that country. For additional information on the deduction of contributions to Canadian charities, see Publication 597, Information on the United States–Canada Income Tax Treaty. If you need more information on how to figure your contribution to Mexican and Israeli charities, see Publication 526

Publication 17 (2010), Your Federal Income Tax

Any donation amount will help make a difference in programming for Autistic children and adults..

Racing4autism team
Ray

Van@RevanRacing

I found some info and will have a better answer tomorrow..

Certain foreign charitable organizations. Under income tax treaties with Canada, Israel, and Mexico, you may be able to deduct contributions to certain Canadian, Israeli, or Mexican charitable organizations. Generally, you must have income from sources in that country. For additional information on the deduction of contributions to Canadian charities, see Publication 597, Information on the United States–Canada Income Tax Treaty. If you need more information on how to figure your contribution to Mexican and Israeli charities, see Publication 526

Publication 17 (2010), Your Federal Income Tax

Any donation amount will help make a difference in programming for Autistic children and adults..

Racing4autism team
Ray

Ray

I am contacting my accountant to find out the proper interpretation of the tax code for donations to Racing4Autism. I'll post up after I hear back.

Thanks

Van

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Thank you Van,

I received an email from Jon and the tunes are being tweaked a little and will dyno again on the 10th of august.. This year there is a Maserati MC12 Race Car, Lambo and Ferrari F30 entries and I can't wait to see how they modified there cars for the roads in Newfoundland.Our roads are in bad shape in some legs of the Targa rally.
Testing the Shelby has begun, true testing will begin August 10 to 15 as we will try and get great footage and pictures as well.

Ray
Racing4Autism

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Hey guys, we tested the car over 5 days at different levels, the engine is running great,, 400 kms at low and high speed cornering and straight aways,,, The car is ready for Targa Newfoundland,,, Sept.10, 2011 is getting closer... Video to follow soon..

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow! that is a TON of HP for a road rally, hope you have good foot control lol.
awesome car, awesome build, awesome cause, and the targa is definitely one of the races on my bucket list! good luck with this, hopefully SPEED has cameras up there again to catch you guys roasting tires!

Users who are viewing this thread