New Edge BS Thread

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Waiting on the 1st to get here. Goin' back to the strip for the 2nd time. Got some new streeties on there so hopefully some better times. Hopefully by the end of the year I can have some DRs mounted and see even better times.

Tryin to find a Teksid block to build for some twins!!!!!!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Wife gave me my birthday present early last night.

80GB PS3 w/ GranTurismo 5. :beer:
So far the music sucks compared to GT3 and 4. I usually turn it off anyways. Im still working through the A,B,C races.

Im already impressed with the game and Ive barely scratched the surface. Mainly because it has the road course at Daytona and an all new sweet in car view. :banana: Oh forgot to mention she also got me the logitech G25 steering wheel for Valentines Day last year. :rockon: When I get near redline the right hand on the screen comes off the steering wheel and shifts just like it was my hand!! So damn cool.

So c'mon winter Im ready for you, ya cold snowy boring f#cker!!!!!

:lol:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Waiting for the 1st to get here too :beer: that's when I'll be going to the track to get rid of my 13.9.

Sounds like I need to pick up GranTurismo 5 for the PS3. :rockon:

Waiting for my MGW shifter to come in the mail on Monday.

Graves

Established Member
Graves you have 1 clean looking mustang :coolman:

Post engine bay pic's

Thanks, man. :beer:

I'm at work right now, so I can't post anything...but, if you go to my gallery.. www.dgraves.smugmug.com , there's a gallery for the Bullitt, and I believe there's an engine bay pic in that gallery.

I'll get more later. The car is sitting in the garage awaiting different stages of detailings/cleanings, and sprucing up the engine bay is on the list. Just did the first of many polishing sessions on the CCWs last night.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I was supposed to finish my build this weekend. But, Ford in their infinite knowledge changed the diameter of the cam bolts and ARP only makes the big ones :angry: so now I'm waiting on some bolts from Steve cause my local dealer is a tard and didn't even know what the FR500 stuff is. Do you mean the Shelby GT500? :poke: Then, I threw out my back so I'm all stoned on vicadin and valium :banana:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Dang guess you missed my thread about that.... Naz posted up that ARP makes Ford Focus cam bolts that are 10mm which is what the FR500 cams use. 99< camshafts use the 12mm bolts that you have.
Luckily, I was cheap and just ordered one for the crank!!! Now I'll order four ARP focus bolts for the FR500 cams. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Have a beer with that vicadin!! :beer: or two!! :beer: haha j/k

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Dang guess you missed my thread about that.... Naz posted up that ARP makes Ford Focus cam bolts that are 10mm which is what the FR500 cams use. 99< camshafts use the 12mm bolts that you have.
Luckily, I was cheap and just ordered one for the crank!!! Now I'll order four ARP focus bolts for the FR500 cams. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Have a beer with that vicadin!! :beer: or two!! :beer: haha j/k

Yea, I guess I did, or just didn't remember. Todd thought ARP made one that fit, so I looked. The Focus bolts are under a seperate listing than all the other ford ones. Everything is the same except the diameter. Oh well, John at MP uses the stock bolts so I'm sure I'll be ok. I got them and they are black anodized 10.9 bolts. If I ever do biuld that BB/stroker for 8k rpm, I'll get the Focus bolts.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I also have the 10.9 bolts. Just on the fence whether to use them or not. I just went to ARPs website and found the focus bolt part # 251-1002, then went to Summitracing dot com and found the bolts. OUCH!! $39.95 each!! times four and that's $159.80

Hmmm, what to do? what to do? fu-ckin money pit

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Yea, well, I have 4 ARP bolts in the 12mm size. They were only like $29 each. Once I get this back together, I'm going to sell all my old/non-used pieces. I'd hate for some of this stuff to goto waste.

Users who are viewing this thread