New dyno #'s is this about average?

insane99svt

Established Member
I just recently had my car tuned after installing a JLT high boost cai and going to a different shop I made 21rwhp more then it did on the first pull.

Car made 560rwhp on a mustang dyno with 2.3 whipple 17psi and 2 degrees less timing car had been tuned at Pro-dyno before and was way rich up top and had bad hesitation between shifts good thing I got it tuned because Pro-Dyno failed to tell me my fuel system was tapped out at 5k rpm he just threw more fuel in it and let it go. So I wouldn't go to them again

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I just recently had my car tuned after installing a JLT high boost cai and going to a different shop I made 21rwhp more then it did on the first pull.

I personally take those numbers with a pinch of salt. Especially on a different dyno. My car did 3 pulls back to back on the same dyno when stock (cai and cat back) and it made something like 386, 39x and then 411. That's a pretty big difference with absolutely no changes what so ever. There was a 10 minute break or so between pulls. If I'd put a red stripe down the side of my car half way through I would have sworn it just made 26 rwhp.

Last edited:

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Hate you had probs with Prodyno they did a good job on mine who did you end up taking it to??

insane99svt

Established Member
I took it to True Dyno Sports in hickory guys name is Aaron he was real nice he does the work on the side well ever evening. He was good about everything told me what the problem he was having with fuel and found me a bap to get me by until I go return called me each day to tell me were he was at with the car.

insane99svt

Established Member
I personally take those numbers with a pinch of salt. Especially on a different dyno. My car did 3 pulls back to back on the same dyno when stock (cai and cat back) and it made something like 386, 39x and then 411. That's a pretty big difference with absolutely no changes what so ever. There was a 10 minute break or so between pulls. If I'd put a red stripe down the side of my car half way through I would have sworn it just made 26 rwhp.

Well it was a mustang dyno vs dyno jet but it made 539 when it rolled in the shop and 560 when it came out it made 593rwhp on a dyno jet

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Those are pretty standard numbers for 17# on a Mustang dyno.My numbers are 561/507 also tunned on a Mustang dyno (on a hummid summer day)at Amazon with 17# of boost with a 3.50 upper and 4# lower (older Whipple) and the normal bolt on goodies.If your not comfortable with your tunner take the trip to Amazon.I had a great experiance there.

Last edited:

1985mustanggt50

Established Member
Dan is very good with his tunes.. the ONLY person that will touch my car. Got some a/f numbers on the dyno? Just curious how rich it was. How did he "throw more fuel in it" if it was maxxed?

My car went to him the first time making 435 and VERY lean, left making 526/515 on a ported eaton and stock bottom end and stock injectors!

insane99svt

Established Member
I dont know how thats what I was told he threw more fuel in it.
All he had to do was tell me the problem he had to know but mine made 593 at pro dyno and after the new tune 560 on a mustang dyno with 2 degrees less timing.

I will try and find my dyno sheets from before and compare them but my scanner is broke so I can't post it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread