New Dyno #'s..... :D

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
1slosnake said:
I don't have a boost gauge on it so I am not positive. But it looks like about 17-18psi
I've beem working on a theory / equation to work out variables like this based on HP and engine capacity.

From my calculations I have you at 18.5 - 19.1 # depending on your tune and what gas you're using.

I'm gonna post my equation up and get some feedback from everyone so I can refine it to make it useful for everyone :)

DynoDan

Established Member
Uncorrected #'s:

Boost only = 519/563
Boost / Juice = 553 / 673

The SAE correction:
RunFile_007.dlf: 62.00 °F 28.06 in-Hg Humidity: 26 % SAE: 1.04

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
vetkilr said:
Sweet nice numbers man!!!!!!!!

How much timing in that thing???!!!...
Enough ;-) :banana: I am not positive throughout the curve but on the big end it is about 22 degrees

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Congrats on the big numbers but I see you have a KB boost-a-pump and I was wondering why you choose that over new pumps(focus pumps)? Also if you did the install how did it go? Also how was the install with the MAFXtender?

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
Congrats on the big numbers but I see you have a KB boost-a-pump and I was wondering why you choose that over new pumps(focus pumps)? Also if you did the install how did it go? Also how was the install with the MAFXtender?
I did the install on everything. The BAP and the MAF Xtender are easy as hell. All you do is wire it into the Fuel pump module driver and you are all set. I just kind of short cutted the BAP a little. It has a hobbs switch to turn it on, I just bypassed it and run it full time on. It is easier to tune because there isn't a surge in fuel when it comes on that way. If I would have installed the hobbs switch it would have taken me probably an hour to do it. But instead it only took me about 20 mins. Same with the MAF xtender just take the MAF wires cut splice, butt connect you are done. Pretty simple stuff. But the 4# lower was kinda a pain in the ass. That lower pulley is hard as hell to break loose. The IRS swap wasn't too bad just time consuming really. :coolman:

I got the BAP for $150 brand new. Focus pumps are like $300 and they weren't a necessite so just decided on the BAP.

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
DynoDan said:
Fuel System / MAF:
- Stock injectors running at a higher commanded pressure (stock is 39psi delta)
- BAP at 35%
- FPDM DC was reporting .38-.40 (about 80% duty cycle)
- Stock MAF with MAFxtender on "dip switch #1"

I'll try and get some graphs of the data up a little bit later today. I was using the Predator as a "pass thru" datalogger to the PC running the dyno. The many available PID's are selected and recorded from within our WinPEP 7 dyno software (beta stuff). Some day soon any Dynojet dyno owner will have this luxury if they want it, and it definitely beats having 3 different devices running on 3 different PC's. :-D It's a beautiful thing to have HP, Trq, AFR, fuel pressure, spark, IAT, and whatever-PID-you-pick all on the same interface.

Do you know what size belt and how many idlers he has? I have the same setup and was just wondering. Oh is he running the alternator pulley? We are always currious about someone elses setups if you are wondering.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
Info plz I want in on that pricing. :rolling:
I bought the BAP from JDM actually. But I believe they only had one in stock :( You can always try to give them a call though.

Sorry about the hold up on the info Drkchk03SVT I must have just passed over you question in your previous post. I am only running one steeda 90mm Idler and the stock idlers. I am also still running the stock alternator pulley and haven't had any issues yet. The belt size is 77-7/8 it is a NAPA belt Part#020774. :coolman:

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
22 degrees...........yes but not on the shot though!!!

How much on the spray???

Nice numbers by the way

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
vetkilr said:
22 degrees...........yes but not on the shot though!!!

How much on the spray???

Nice numbers by the way
It is 22 degrees on the spray too. I have my plugs gapped at .28 that is all. But I don't change a thing when I grab the unit I run the same tune :rockon:

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
1slosnake said:
It is 22 degrees on the spray too. I have my plugs gapped at .28 that is all. But I don't change a thing when I grab the unit I run the same tune :rockon:

WOW thats alot :thumbsup:

I see how your getting all that power now......hehehehe

Are you on 91 octane or what do you run when on the shot :pop:

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
vetkilr said:
WOW thats alot :thumbsup:

I see how your getting all that power now......hehehehe

Are you on 91 octane or what do you run when on the shot :pop:
Yep, What the fun if you got to keep running to the pump for 100 octane. 91 all the way except at the track though :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread