New Dyno results

KurtDog

Established Member
Hi Guys,
I just got the car back from the shop after years of issues. I hope the nighmeare is over.

In the 2 years I've had the car, I've had to replace the engine, every pulley, clutch, clutch bearings twice, a couple of shot spark plugs, intercooler pump, all the cops, and the supercharger. I think thats it. Car runs perfect now and sounds money! :banana:

Anyway, I got the car dyno tuned after replacing the sc, see the results below.

Engine mods are: Steig stage 5 port, 2.76 pulley, 60 lb injectors, KB BAP, and Magnaflow cats, and division X idlers. It's an '03 Cobra.

127ul.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm happy with the torque. I think the HP is a little low but I'm happy with it. The graph looks a little off to me but I'm no expert.

-Kurt

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Not bad............... shouldn't have gone to Bruce at JBA....

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Is that a weighted dyno? If not there's unported Eatons that can put down 450RW no prob, your Steg V is 50+ RW down in my opinion if using Dyno Jet numbers?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Yeah that's shit! My old car trapped 119mph full weight when I had it with an email tune from MHD with 21* timing, then with the new owner it went 116mph with a dynotuned 454rwhp/448tq with only 16* timing. The car was a 2.76" upper only car with no port.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
JBA uses a Dyno dynamics single eddy current load bearing dyno.....so I am told...So will likely read a bit lower than a DynoJet

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Any reason why? Do I need to get it retuned?

I got a tune from him and the low end was complete crap. hesitated big time during Tip-in and stumbled during low RPM acceleration.

Also the "dash-pot"(?)(whenever I would take my foot off the accelerator) was terrible......The car felt like I threw a boat anchor out the window.

Top-end/WOT felt fine.

Asked a JBA guy about the stumble at tip in and also under 2k RPMS. I got a response that Bruce doesn't tune under 2K.

I guess he uses the stock numbers for under 2 K? I really inquired about 8 months after getting the tune which was a mistake. JBA would not "fix" the tune that much later.

I just feel Bruce may not have tuned a lot of centrifugal S/Cs??

Went to another shop in SD..great result and new tune. Guess what.. no Stumble and no boat anchor feeling..

I hope you tune works out great for you, but if you notice any issues I would be right back at JBA if I was you.

Ukfox89

Established Member
Congrats man glad everything worked out for you. But yer that HP seems a little low. I just got my car tuned and put out 446rwhp and 454 ft-lb in ported. With a 2.76

KurtDog

Established Member
Congrats man glad everything worked out for you. But yer that HP seems a little low. I just got my car tuned and put out 446rwhp and 454 ft-lb in ported. With a 2.76

Thanks man. :beer: The sc is a beast and sounds sweet.

I think I figured out why my numbers were a little low. The belt they put on was a little long and it was slipping a bit at high rpms. I put a new belt on and it feels alot better.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Thanks man. :beer: The sc is a beast and sounds sweet.

I think I figured out why my numbers were a little low. The belt they put on was a little long and it was slipping a bit at high rpms. I put a new belt on and it feels alot better.

Really? I was thinking of doing the same thing for mine. i should be pushing 12 pounds but pushing only 10.

How much smaller did you go? I was thinking 1/2 to 1 inch but wasn't sure if 1/2 would do much?

KurtDog

Established Member
Really? I was thinking of doing the same thing for mine. i should be pushing 12 pounds but pushing only 10.

How much smaller did you go? I was thinking 1/2 to 1 inch but wasn't sure if 1/2 would do much?

I went with the 75" gates. Part number 4080750. The one they put on was 75.5. I don't think they factored in the smaller pully. It would squeek a bit when it was cold and when really getting on it. Now it's silent.

Don't go too small or you can damage the bearings in the pulleys as well as the eaton.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I went with the 75" gates. Part number 4080750. The one they put on was 75.5. I don't think they factored in the smaller pully. It would squeek a bit when it was cold and when really getting on it. Now it's silent.

Don't go too small or you can damage the bearings in the pulleys as well as the eaton.

No I was going to go to 112 inch from 112.5.....Maybe I should??

Users who are viewing this thread