New dyno numbers with eaton swap.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Well Greg@RET and I spent the last few hours fine tuning the car the best we could, even thought the numbers aren't what I was looking for it's night and day over what I originally brought him and got. He and I think there's alot left in her, she had 20 degrees of timing and 11.8's for the A/F as you can see I have some more bugs to work out the graph looks like the pacific ocean, lol. I need either a new clutch cable or maybe a new clutch We think it should make over 500 to the wheels but the curves needs to be cleared up, oh we got a new belt and there is no belt slip, I'm open to any other suggestions. Oh the mods are 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, BF 4 piece idler set, SD 60's, KB BAP, SCT BA2400, Full exhaust, P/P Heads, Steggy Stage 4 port, LFP HE and IC res and head cooling mod, JLT High Boost CAI, billet flow TB and Plenum and some other stuff.

allensCobra.gif

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
wow, i was just wondering about you. glad to hear you've made some progress on her. that's quite a butload of torque there man. are you still on the shm cams? just curious cause the torque seems to drop off quite a bit up top. but that's also the reason you make all of that torqe at idle basically. that's kinda what i like about the 99/01 cams. they may peak a touch later, but they don't drop off as much in the top rpm's. :thumbsup:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
99riocobra said:
wow, i was just wondering about you. glad to hear you've made some progress on her. that's quite a butload of torque there man. are you still on the shm cams? just curious cause the torque seems to drop off quite a bit up top. but that's also the reason you make all of that torqe at idle basically. that's kinda what i like about the 99/01 cams. they may peak a touch later, but they don't drop off as much in the top rpm's. :thumbsup:

Hey glad you chimed in, I have made alot of progress with her and shes doing alot better. I removed the SHM cams and installed some stock 03 cobra cams. I don't know why it drops like that but I also can't figure out why it's so wavy and lacking 50 more rwhp/Tq. Take care Bro.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
no problem. that makes more sense to me with the 03/04 cams. all 03/04 graphs show that drop off. i just noticed how different the torque curve is than with 99/01 cams, where it peaks a tad later but doesn't drop off at all really. yea, the waviness is a little odd. but can't you adjust a smoothing function on the dyno software? i know at stiegemeier's i saw on his screen where he could adjust the smoothing. either way, i'm sure you are enjoying all that torque(and blower whine!) :thumbsup:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
well, on the good side, the a/f is flat as a board. On the bad end, you have THAT much waviness with the smoothing on 5? That thing should not really have any waves with such a high smoothing.

Sounds like something else is still screwed up.

good numbers though

Nazman

Established Member
Allen,

Good stuff. That wave stuff is due to some mild spark blow out. Get a KB BAS and install it always on.

I had the same problem on a 150 shot of juice and complete spark blow problems with the 175 shot. Installed the BAS and the problem seems to be fixed (I have not re-dynoed as of yet since I was on vacation visiting my family down in PR).

What is the gap on the plugs? Type?

Naz

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Nazman said:
Allen,

Good stuff. That wave stuff is due to some mild spark blow out. Get a KB BAS and install it always on.

I had the same problem on a 150 shot of juice and complete spark blow problems with the 175 shot. Installed the BAS and the problem seems to be fixed (I have not re-dynoed as of yet since I was on vacation visiting my family down in PR).

What is the gap on the plugs? Type?

Naz

I was wondering if it was spark blowout, the waves look really consistant. Would that keep me from making the power I should make? The plugs are TR6's with a gap of 32-34

Nazman

Established Member
AJRED99 said:
I was wondering if it was spark blowout, the waves look really consistant. Would that keep me from making the power I should make? The plugs are TR6's with a gap of 32-34
On a FI combo it could cost you quite a bit. How much I dont know.

During my run the RPM pick up stopped reading RPMs it was that bad with the 175 shot and aborted the run, on the 150 shot it looked just like yours in the wave form but just a bit more severe.

Naz

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Nazman said:
On a FI combo it could cost you quite a bit. How much I dont know.

During my run the RPM pick up stopped reading RPMs it was that bad with the 175 shot and aborted the run, on the 150 shot it looked just like yours in the wave form but just a bit more severe.

Naz

Carlos could you post your dyno sheet so I can compare the two? Thanks for the advice, I appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread