New Dyno for me

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well today a bunch of us here in Vegas with mustangs all had a dyno day, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Car made 311rwhp and 334 rwtq with the mods in my sig, we must've had really good air today.

BTW, my car has the 91 octane tune in a XCAL2 I ordered the XCAL tuner from JLT performance, it seemed a little lean but was okay, it has not pinged a single time in like 5 months, including those hot days in Vegas. When I get a chance I'll try to scan it and post it up.

UrS4

Established Member
This is on a dynojet dyno right?

Wow! Those numbers are really nice. The only difference between your setup and mine is you have the O/R X pipe, stock 3.55 gears, and 91 octane.

I'm running 93 octane tune, SLP LM, 4.10, JLT II CAI. My best numbers were 289whp and 305wtrq on a dynojet.

Any ideas why you are putting down 22 more whp and 29 more wtrq. My gears and stock H pipe can't be hurting me that much can they?

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well, the air was really good, a buddy of mine put down 303 with an evolution performance tune and without the O/R x-pipe.

Honestly bro your numbers sounded a little low to me, I've seen lots of peopel posting up with high 290's to low 300's with pretty much just a JLT CAI.

The O/R X helped some but not 22 rwhp.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
What was your a/f? When you say lean how lean are you running?

I put down 290/311 without my udp's but my a/f is pretty conservative at 12.3, and my numbers were SAE corrected.

Side note:

I noticed your autocross pic, do you guys do that often here in Vegas? If so when is the next one?

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Holy cow 14:1! I had mine dyno'd last year at the snma dyno day at Bridges Performance.

UrS4

Established Member
14.1 is too lean,

I just went through a lengthy ordeal to get my 14.4 A/F measured at the cat back down to 12.4.

I gained both hp and trq by richening it up, you might too.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
First pull was under 14, it was around 13.5, second pull was over 14, stayed less than 14.5.

Second pull was 3.5 rwhp and 4.3rwtq.

The dyno day was an SNMA dyno day at NRP (Gil Nevarez's shop)
From all accounts that I've heard Gil is the best tuner in Southern Nevada, has a great rep. I will probably call him to discuss on monday.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
:shrug: It has never pinged, not a single time. I've been driving it with this tune and CAI for over 6 months, including June, July and August in Vegas.

I will call Gil and ask him, but he spoke to everyone that had issues and he didn't say anything to me at all.

Would it have jacked around with the air fuel if he was using it on cars with Cats and then I ran without cats.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
:shrug: It has never pinged, not a single time. I've been driving it with this tune and CAI for over 6 months, including June, July and August in Vegas.

I will call Gil and ask him, but he spoke to everyone that had issues and he didn't say anything to me at all.

Would it have jacked around with the air fuel if he was using it on cars with Cats and then I ran without cats.

That's just it..you dont' want to get to the 'noise' point. My advice is richening it up a tad...better to be safe. But that is just me.

BTW - A/F isn't an issue until open loop....(half throttle +). If you aren't putting your foot in it, then you will last longer....the more you put your foot in it....the less time the motor will last.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
swoosh_stang said:

Usually cats don't affect a/f that much, btw where is your tune from?

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Here's the graph:

nrp-dyno.jpg

I have to tell you I love that torque curve it is so flat, and the horse power is almost flat above 5k too, which is cool, no drop off till redline.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
swoosh, where did you get your xcal from? Did they send it with this tune? Both lines look very smooth indeed.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
That A/F ratio is crazy lean.......I am surprised you are not concerned about it. Mind if I ask why you are so confident?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Your Air Fuel should be around 11-12 range to be safe and run a good tune... running in the 14's NA or blown is crazy. Your tuner at the dyno shop should of known that, the guy down here if we are having a dyno day and he See's the car running in the 14's he cuts the run.

Users who are viewing this thread