New Dyno for me

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
I'm not, all I said is that I have not had a problem with it, yet. i'm trying to get it taken care of.

Oh...sorry I misunderstood. :beer:

swoosh_stang said:
Your Air Fuel should be around 11-12 range to be safe and run a good tune... running in the 14's NA or blown is crazy. Your tuner at the dyno shop should of known that, the guy down here if we are having a dyno day and he See's the car running in the 14's he cuts the run.

I think 11-12 is too rich. FOr a FI car...sure, but N/A will be ok at 12.5-13.:rockon:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Using my tuner I made it 10% richer, which means it should drop 1.5 ish points, which would put it in the 12-13 range.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
:nono:

Just go get a tune from either Dyno Dan or Gil. Using your tuner yourself is not really ideal. There are too many parameters to adjust.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I will, when I have the $375 to drop on a dyno tune. Can't right now, christmas presents for my boy is more important.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
?? $375

Try Dyno Dan he is a lot less than that. He has a link on Silverstatestangs.com and usually tunes on Saturdays.

Or you could just buy a 91 octane tune from Brenspeed for $75, and he will email you the tune. That is what I run and it is damn near perfect.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I'm thinking of doing some other things with my tax return, will increase the cash outlay a bit but will give me some extra power too. ;-)

i will probably wait for the dyno tune until then.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
PuertoricanSRT said:
Here is the dyno graph of my car. I'm running 20" wheels I think that is causing me rwhp. I think I will change them. Any comments let me know. Thanks
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9343/dynograph002ar5.jpg

Those look nice. You could probably afford to lean it out a tad in teh 4k+ band..but not necessary. 20"s are definately robbing some power. I would suspect you to be aroun 315, but I am not a S197 expert.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
guys, don't smother over your dynos being a bit less than swoosh's. His #'s are in STD with a smoothing of 4, so they are going to be a bit inflated over the majority of dyno shops that use SAE correction.
Plus, every dyno is going to read different... just too many variables.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
:shrug: It has never pinged, not a single time. I've been driving it with this tune and CAI for over 6 months, including June, July and August in Vegas.

I will call Gil and ask him, but he spoke to everyone that had issues and he didn't say anything to me at all.

Would it have jacked around with the air fuel if he was using it on cars with Cats and then I ran without cats.

You think it isn't pinging. Sometimes you don't necessarily hear the detonation. Anything above 13.2 to 1 is borderline on destruction. I would seriously consider getting the A/F down.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I did richen it up a bit with the hand held tuner. (10%)

I can definitely tell it's running richer, can smell it now, I couldn't smell it before even with it having an O/R mid-pipe.

Getting a Borla Axle-back on it this week. Then a break again, maybe a tune then. Depends on the cash flow.

Users who are viewing this thread