New Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk Pads

kev2369

Established Member
Recently upgraded my brakes to drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk HPS Pads recently... I got these from rotorpros.net and thought I would post up some pics and let everyone know you can't beat the performance for the price... They look pretty good and stop amazing...These have a two year warranty on them and seem like they are gonna outlast that...

I wanted to get the adaptor kit for the rear so I could run my cobra rotors on the back with my straight axle swap but time wasn't going to allow for that since I had to have the car back together for NMRA in Bowling Green at the first of October... Here are some pics and I highly recommend these... They were 299 shipped to my door with the Hawk pads, which is dirt cheap

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:

kev2369

Established Member
Yes they are... I need to get some better pics of the front, because those were taken just a few miles after install... but they are wearing perfect now... its amazing the difference in the pedal feel...feels like you are throwing a parachute as compared to before

0310thstock

Established Member
Nice to hear. I was just gonna ask everyone if they were worth it.
Do you have pics showing front and rear? I am thinking about doing the front first. Will it look funny?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes they are... I need to get some better pics of the front, because those were taken just a few miles after install... but they are wearing perfect now... its amazing the difference in the pedal feel...feels like you are throwing a parachute as compared to before
Cool,just don`t use any wheel cleaner on them,just soap and water.
Nice to hear. I was just gonna ask everyone if they were worth it.
Do you have pics showing front and rear? I am thinking about doing the front first. Will it look funny?

This is my set-up.Baer Decelarotors and Hawk HPS pads.No noise,stops really well,just a little dusty.
007.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Not bad for a 2 year warranty! I found a link last week for like $171 shipped with drilled and slotted rotors along with pads. They were definitely off brand though. I ended up just getting Motorocraft pads and called it a day.

Keep us updated on how you like them. They sure do look good!

mrmarrone23

build time..
Established Member
i think im going to go with the baer decela rotors. just wanted to know if theres any reason you went with the hawk hps pads instead of the hawk ceramic pads. which ones would be better?

kev2369

Established Member
It was all four rotors, they were made by the company rotorpros.net... They have a two year warranty against warp or defect... And also came with the Hawk HPS pads, which were gonna cost over 160 the cheapest I could find them... So 299 to my front door is unbeatable i think...

BTW, there are pictures of the front and back... The first two are front and the last one is the back

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Very nice! I need to do my brakes ASAP. They are squealing on the sensors as of last week.

Ill prob go this route. I wanted to go slotted/drilled but didnt want to go broke doing it and coming with a 2 year warranty and those Hawk pads for that price shipped, i dont see any risk here at all! While i have the brakes off, ill scuff and paint my cobra calipers red too.

Now, is there anything better about the baer decelerator rotors? Both zinc, both slotted and drilled, just paying for the name?

KILRSVT

Established Member
are those ebay powerstop rotors...i bought some and they warped 2 weeks down the road..goinf with bear decelarators and hawk pads by the end of this month

waltd20012002

Established Member
i would say the ceramics are pretty good. i had stockers on there when i replaced them and i can't tell much difference other than the lack of dust at the end of a trip.

whammy91

Established Member
quick question to remove the front brakes i gotta take out the c-clip off the long stud right then pull it out then the cailper should pull off right i just wana make sure, i dont wana damage the c-clip thing

kev2369

Established Member
Yes to the question on pulling the caliper... Pull that e clip off the bottom pin and put it out... then pull up on the bottom of the caliper and lift it off... It just hooks under a lip up top, and then fastens at the bottom wit that pin...They recommend u replace the e clip when u do it...

And these guys advertise on ebay, but i got on their site and checked it all out and seemed ok... So i tried it, cuz like everyone agrees, they are damn near free for what the cost of the pads usually are... And i'm tickled to death with them... Not to mention, most of the other ebay shit doesn't have a warranty, these carry better warranties than the parts stores because they don't even have a warp warranty, just defects from workmanship... I've had these for a month now and they are perfect and stop incredible... I damn near wreck my fox body everytime i drive it after my cobra cuz i forget i can't stop on a dime lol...

kev2369

Established Member
Are ceramic pads better than the HPS pads?

I want something with awesome performance as well as low dust...

The HPS pads are a ferro compound and they are much better than ur regular pads ur gonna pick up at AutoZone... They stop great, last longer, and they don't give off black dust.. They do dust if u really punch on them, but its like a fine gray film instead of black...

Users who are viewing this thread