New Dodge Camaro Dark horse 25k ADMs

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Darkhorse has auto start/stop IIRC.
And,....no mods for at least two years, or until someone can crack the locked PCMs.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I am too young, but to any of the older members when exactly did this start?

Were people paying ADM or over market to order 2003 cobras?…

How about 1993 cobras?? Did they actually sell at sticker?

I don’t remember it on c6 or c7 Z06s, but now c8 z06 gets 100k adm
I remember ADM on the 00R being the furthest back. Then as mentioned some here and there on terminators. At first it was only really rare/special stuff now anything with a sticker package seems to qualify

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The first time I remember hearing of ADM was the first model year of the PT Cruiser. Dealers were asking over sticker, and people were offering well over sticker for dealer models.

That was probably 99/00?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Biden and Kuntmala

You could be talking about anything.

First I heard of ADMs was on hellcats. Which is hilarious since they made 100,000 of them.

Edit now that I think of it i do know someone that paid an ADM on the Chrysler roadster thing that came out in the 90s.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

First I heard of ADMs was on hellcats. Which is hilarious since they made 100,000 of them.

Edit now that I think of it i do know someone that paid an ADM on the Chrysler roadster thing that came out in the 90s.
The prowler with that bad ass v6

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
First time I saw it was with the first year KR in 2007/08. Father ordered it as msrp which at the time was in the 60k range.

A month or 2 later they call him and say they want 75 or 79k for the car. He begrudgingly says yes. Then they call back and say they want 125k which at that point he backs out.

Not too much later the economy shits itself and the car sits on their lot for over a year and sells in the $50k range. He didn't buy any other vehicle there for 15 years.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 2003 Cobra saw ADMs in large part because it was a new package and limited production. When demand is expected on a limited production car, ADMs are inevitable at many dealerships.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

My dad bought his '93 Cobra below sticker.

In my area, the '03 Cobra's had a ADM of $20K.

I don't know when the ADM practice began. There was a time, in the '80's, when Ford dealers would sell 5L LX's ang GT's at invoice.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
ADM?

IMHO, although I don't have a specific example, I'd go back to the '60's with the, "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday" cars.

IF small town dealers had any of those cars, they could sell them for whatever the local market would bare.

Sell at $5k adm? No. But I'd bet that quite a few cars were sold with $100-500 adm in the '60's. Probably earlier than that.

The internet has just made it a widely known common practice.

SHOdown220

Established Member
ADM has existed on specialty or low production cars for a long time, it's just recently we've been seeing it on everything on the dealer lots. If it's not ADM is thousands of dollars of extremely marked up add ons that no one wants and are 95% dealer profit.

I get it to an extent, covid severely cut down on vehicle production and it was and in some cases still is hard to find the model you want. So dealers have them marked up. Join a salesmen facebook group and look at the members bragging about how much they sold a car over sticker for and how much money they are making. I'm betting a lot of them are going to regret it when it comes time and they can't trade any of their clients out because they are so far upside down the bank won't touch it.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
ADM?

IMHO, although I don't have a specific example, I'd go back to the '60's with the, "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday" cars.

IF small town dealers had any of those cars, they could sell them for whatever the local market would bare.

Sell at $5k adm? No. But I'd bet that quite a few cars were sold with $100-500 adm in the '60's. Probably earlier than that.

The internet has just made it a widely known common practice.
Yes price gouging has been around since the beginning of time. The big question is why the manufacturers allow it? If the low production/high price works so well then why not build 100 superdutys a year and charge 10 mill for each?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

But when they over produced Hellcats before covid, man, there were some deals to be had. Even before covid, Mustang numbers and availability was sketchy, much worse now.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a fan of dark horse…. With that said, as much as mark ups suck, ultimately, it is supply and demand….. the market is supporting it, peepo are paying it…. Mark ups would not exist if it wasnt for the peepo… it is what it is at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread