New DD...Focus ST Content

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Love that little car, especially in black. So, how functional are these little Fusions for a guy who is 6’4”?

Edit: I meant to type Focus. Guess I typed Fusion because we owned two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'4" and have broad shoulders and my FoST is very comfortable, no issue with head room at all. I do have the recaro seats as well which I love.

blk02edge

Established Member
Understandable! The day you do decide to tune it, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner.
Seems like all the tunes just create more bottom end and take away more top, which is the opposite way id like to go. I am staying stock for warranty too anyway.

96 cobra

Established Member
Get a ford racing tune/plugs for it & short shift away on a mountain of turbo torque while retaining the warranty...
Focus_ST_Power_Pack_Dyno.jpg

Grey03

Established Member
+1
I had the FRPP tune and a vortech intercooler on my ST, it really wakes them up. I wish I still had mine.. They are fun to drive!

blk02edge

Established Member
even FRPP tune lowers warranty duration, no thanks, not a fan of that powerband

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
Love that little car, especially in black. So, how functional are these little Fusions for a guy who is 6’4”?

Edit: I meant to type Focus. Guess I typed Fusion because we owned two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just picked one up as well. Im 6'5 240# and its not too comfortable . right leg rests on center console/ dash merge area. also have to have the seat back all the way so your head is mostly/closely behind the door pillar . another negative is cant get a good steering wheel location so my left arm feels in a natural position. I test drove a vw gti and should have went with that but the ST felt livelier in the mid rpm range as well seemed better when stuck in traffic (less shifting) Like the car well enough though i do regret buying it, but it was cheap.

oh if you buy it new you get to go to st driving academy so thats something to look forward too.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
even FRPP tune lowers warranty duration, no thanks, not a fan of that powerband

From what I've seen ford racing say about the power packs in regards to the mustangs at least, the ford racing parts are 3/36, if anything happens powertrain wise during the 5/60, the dealer would have to prove the issue was caused by the power pack. It doesn't shrink the warranty.

blk02edge

Established Member
From what I've seen ford racing say about the power packs in regards to the mustangs at least, the ford racing parts are 3/36, if anything happens powertrain wise during the 5/60, the dealer would have to prove the issue was caused by the power pack. It doesn't shrink the warranty.
Only thing im worried about is catastrophic engine or tranny falure, dont know how they couldnt pin that on a tune easily enough, even being their own work. Once car is out of warranty ill do the steeda tune, i hear they dont bump the torque up as high and keep the power longer. Seem to be the only ones not just looking for impressive numbers rather than an honest good tune

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Only thing im worried about is catastrophic engine or tranny falure, dont know how they couldnt pin that on a tune easily enough, even being their own work. Once car is out of warranty ill do the steeda tune, i hear they dont bump the torque up as high and keep the power longer. Seem to be the only ones not just looking for impressive numbers rather than an honest good tune

Steeda tune? Best of luck then.

blk02edge

Established Member
Steeda tune? Best of luck then.
Ive never seen one negative comment about them. The mountune 275 kit seems nice too

After some binge reading on focusst.org nobody likes the cobb canned tunes or the frpp. And nobody says anything about livernois either which suprises me.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Ive never seen one negative comment about them. The mountune 275 kit seems nice too

After some binge reading on focusst.org nobody likes the cobb canned tunes or the frpp. And nobody says anything about livernois either which suprises me.

I got you mixed up with the OP. As far as which tuner to use, Steeda should be fine. You certainly could do worse, so I'll leave it at that.

The Focus ST has such a small turbo that the only thing you're really going to gain from a tune is a mountain of torque. HP increase will not even compare. Either way, tuned will make it a while lot more fun and the sooner you do it, the happier you'll be.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

I'm curious why, a co-worker of mine is running a cobb accessport on his 2013 ST3 and he likes it.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm curious why, a co-worker of mine is running a cobb accessport on his 2013 ST3 and he likes it.
Its one of those things that is probably fine BUT if you read up on cobb problems on the forums there are a lot of blown motor claims from them.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Its one of those things that is probably fine BUT if you read up on cobb problems on the forums there are a lot of blown motor claims from them.

I’m running the Cobb stage 1, 93 octane tune, green filter, and motor mount. I’ve been really happy so far. Definitely made it more fun to drive. Also changed my plugs to Denso ITV22 which is one step colder, gapped to .026. I’ve been monitoring everything through my Accessport.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I had the FRPP tune on my car for 40k miles and it was definitely fun, but now I have a custom tune from Randy at Mountune and it is much better in the upper RPMs and still has a lot of punch down low.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

We actually have a really strong tune for these vehicles that pick up great power on 93!

blk02edge

Established Member
We actually have a really strong tune for these vehicles that pick up great power on 93!
I dont doubt it, I know your stuff is regarded as the best I was just suprised to not see many people talk about it with the ST's (ive sent a couple f150 guys your way btw)

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I dont doubt it, I know your stuff is regarded as the best I was just suprised to not see many people talk about it with the ST's (ive sent a couple f150 guys your way btw)
We really appreciate that, glad to see the support! We have done alot with these ecoboost vehicles and its really amazing what kind of gains we can get

Never_Enough

Established Member
Must be an ST thing. I have had a tweaked Cobb AP tune on my MS6 for years without issue. Also had a Cobb AP OTS map on my old 335xi.

Users who are viewing this thread