New DD - Focus RS, on the dyno with 24 miles :)

Intervention302

Established Member
Hey guys!

It was a long time coming, but I finally got my RS. It was one hell of a ride, but it was definitely worth the wait. I decided to forgo my 2017 order and buy a 2016 at another dealer and couldn't be happier. No, I didnt sell my Cobra

So, how much heat am I going to get for not "breaking her in"? I listened to my tuner's advice and broke her in the HARD way. You only get one chance to seat the rings properly and I went for it.

My trusted tuner (granted more of an American V8 guy, tunes my 700WHP Cobra) has broken in his last 3 mustang's all on the dyno and swears by a hard break in. Sure, some if not most, will cringe at this. At least my car has an idea on what it's life it going to be like haha

I wanted proof of ECU learning/Break in tune so what better way than to track it. I made 268/315 SAE corrected, and 288/332 uncorrected in 36f. What was interesting was only 41% throttle was applied, AFR was a bit fat for DI at 10.8 as well. I'm going to try my hardest to not tune it and keep the warranty. Try is key

DSC_6451 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_6446 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_6425 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_6419 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_6417 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_6419 by Intervention302, on Flickr

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Outstanding! Great color choice too. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the car as you get more seat time.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
How/why the heck did they dyno an AWD car with the rear wheels locked stationary?!?

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

Jmurrz

Established Member
How/why the heck did they dyno an AWD car with the rear wheels locked stationary?!?

Pulled the rear driveshaft most likely.

Very nice OP, I am not sure, but I think I saw it on Instagram enjoying the snowfall with some doughnuts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Intervention302

Established Member

It's an "electric" AWD sort of...

There is a "Rear Drive Unit" that uses electricity to activate clutch packs that engage each rear wheel independently.

Unplug that unit, and the clutches can't engage.

Now you have FWD
Pulled the rear driveshaft most likely.

Very nice OP, I am not sure, but I think I saw it on Instagram enjoying the snowfall with some doughnuts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
See above....

64cc820437383eb85262476ce9a3b7a0.jpg

Outstanding! Great color choice too. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the car as you get more seat time.
I definitely like it so far

It could use another 30whp, but I think that is to come

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mdever12

Established Member
Wow i really like the white with the black wheels and blue brembos. Good shots too

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do like the color choice. White is one of my favorite colors. You're a brave man, Kevin, to put your RS on the dyno with only 24 miles on it, but you trust your tuner's advice and that's what matters. You said you were going to "try" to resist getting a tune. I predict you're going to give in to the urge come Spring. LOL. Enjoy it man, and congratulations. ;)

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and welcome to the the RS club. These cars are so much to drive. I bought my RS with 20 miles and ripped it leaving the dealership lol. I believe you should break a car in how you intend to drive it. I will say now that my RS has almost 600 miles on it, it's definitely starting to wake up more.

Kinda funny we both have the same 2 cars lol.

Intervention302

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to the the RS club. These cars are so much to drive. I bought my RS with 20 miles and ripped it leaving the dealership lol. I believe you should break a car in how you intend to drive it. I will say now that my RS has almost 600 miles on it, it's definitely starting to wake up more.

Kinda funny we both have the same 2 cars lol.
That's pretty much what I did.

It's funny hearing people being so upset
I do like the color choice. White is one of my favorite colors. You're a brave man, Kevin, to put your RS on the dyno with only 24 miles on it, but you trust your tuner's advice and that's what matters. You said you were going to "try" to resist getting a tune. I predict you're going to give in to the urge come Spring. LOL. Enjoy it man, and congratulations. ;)
Thanks Bob.

Most RS are that crazy blue, but I love the white with the black accents

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's the way to break in a sports car. When I bought my new evo lX, it only had 44 miles and I ripped on it leaving the dealership and everyday after that. Went through 5 different turbo set ups, 30psi, a few overboost and the car took it like a champ. Had 68k miles when I sold it and still ran hard.

Intervention302

Established Member
True, good luck keeping it tune free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealership is very small. My tuner had bought last 2 mustangs from him. He says the dealer is very mod friendly.

Owner is middle aged and has a GT500. Once owned a Terminator

Users who are viewing this thread