New daily

MachJoe

Established Member
My daily/business vehicle was a 98 4runner. It started having lots of problems and I just got sick of fixing it all the time and paying $80 a week on gas. So I replaced it with her, a 07 Lincoln MKZ with 88k miles. Got it for $6,400. I need to replace the passenger side wheel bearing this weekend, but other than that, its in great shape. I feel like its not age appropriate for me (i'm 25) but its a lot better than the 4runner lol. What do you guys think?

DSC01614_zpse554ae5d.jpg

DSC01615_zps6afc32cf.jpg

DSC01616_zps89192a7e.jpg

DSC01617_zps463c0b50.jpg

DSC01618_zpsb5259acb.jpg

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
damn 6k and you got that. I am not a big fan of lincoln but that one is nice and hard to argue with the price. Nice pick up for a daily beater. The blue hairs should be chasing after you at every stop light:-D

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Good car for an outstanding price. As for age appropriate, I drove a Lincoln LS during my mid twenties. That was a GREAT car once I replaced the valve cover gaskets and coils. Wish I had kept it now.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
nice car! I don't understand why Lincoln puts shitty wheel bearings. I bought a used aviator one owner for simpler price and less miles, when I test drove it sounded like the front tires were flat weird noise, told the owner it was the wheel bearings and he thought it was normal but it was that. They're great cars when bought used because of the amenities but can be a pain. With some of the issues.

musclefan21

Established Member
amazing cars. i have driven them before. you straight up stole the damn thing lol

MachJoe

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'm hoping it turns out to be a reliable car.

nice car! I don't understand why Lincoln puts shitty wheel bearings. I bought a used aviator one owner for simpler price and less miles, when I test drove it sounded like the front tires were flat weird noise, told the owner it was the wheel bearings and he thought it was normal but it was that. They're great cars when bought used because of the amenities but can be a pain. With some of the issues.

I'm assuming that's what the old man thought it was too, because he replaced all 4 tires before selling it. I'm a little afraid with all of the amenities on it. I've read numerous reviews about the heated/cooled seats not working. If that happens though I'll just leave it be. Changing spark plugs will probably be the biggest hassle on this car.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Nothing more than a rebadged Fusion. I would drive it, and for $6400, you can't complain! That's a clean car for sure!

polock4life

Established Member
STEAL of a price. My buddy bought one about 3 years ago, this year it needed a motor replacement. I guess it has been a VERY common issue on these MKZ's according to him and the guy who did the replacement.

HandBanana

Established Member
Love it! That's a great beater and a great price! Well done sir. Age appropriate? Definitely not but who cares, makes you look distinguished.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks like its in great shape and great price. Who cares if people think its age appropriate, its a nice car.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
OP is under SVTP investigation for theft, lol. Nice one OP, damn $80 on gas weekly with the 4runner? I assume V6, how many miles do you drive?

MachJoe

Established Member
OP is under SVTP investigation for theft, lol. Nice one OP, damn $80 on gas weekly with the 4runner? I assume V6, how many miles do you drive?

Hahaha! Yea it was the v6. I drove roughly 80 miles a day getting 17-18mpgs. It had a 14 or 15 gallon tank so I was at the gas station frequently.

mrlrd1

Established Member
That's the ugliest Mazda 6 I've ever seen.

Be warned, that wheel bearing job won't be as simple as you think it will. The bearing presses into the knuckle. And the best part? The CV axles are prone to seizing in the hub.

Users who are viewing this thread