New Daily Driver

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Couldn't resist the special ($12,600 after rebates, discounts and dealer savings off the $20,100 sticker :thumbsup: ) and traded my 1990 Dodge D150 for this:

RF_day_one_web.JPG

Basic entry level 2003 F150 (4.2 V6, 5-spd, 3.55s) with the XLT seats and free bedliner (32 miles on the clock at the test drive). After putting only 8,000 miles on the Cobra in the first year, that number may decline further for next year :rolling:

Edit: My old truck is in the background...

RF_ground_level_web.jpg

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
Great choice in colors... That is the fastest color around, no matter what 3DOHC says about his Slow Sonic Blue.. LOL;-)

Congratulations on a great choice... Enjoy it dude:beer: :beer: :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
5 speed manual? nice truck congrats
Yes, manual. It really is a 4-spd with O/D (fifth is worthless, unless you are on the highway).

Thanks, guys. :rolling:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
o never seen the new f-150 with manual. so how is it? is it smooth or rough or soft?
Rather smooth. The clutch is much lighter than the Cobra; the shifter is three feet long, so I can't really compare that...lol, but not bad at all; the overall shifting experience is positive.

As for performance, the 3.55s really get it going quickly, and, even though I haven't had it over 4,000 RPM, it seems to be right on par with the 318 (5.2L) Automatic Dodge I traded in :thumbsup:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
Good looking truck. Time to mod!
Hahahaha! Funny you should mention that ;-) . The K&N from my previous Cobras is a direct replacement and is being cleaned and re-oiled, in preparation for installation, as we speak :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
Nice truck Jim - and nice price! :)
Thanks. If we were willing to take a red one (with a few more demomiles, but still brand new, that had been on their lot two months longer), it would have been only $11,995 :eek: My better half agreed that silver was worth $605 :D

I wonder how much money the dealership loses selling one of these for $11,995:

F150_window_sticker_web.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread