New COPO Camaro Video

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
Chevy Performance just released this video. It is nice to see that Cobra Jet will be throwing down with Chevy and Dodge once the COPO hits tracks.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hnCQ49RL28&feature=channel_video_title"]Chevrolet Performance COPO Camaro Concept Testing - YouTube[/nomedia]

101blur

Established Member
cool but little late Ford's been building the cobra CJ for sometime making it a perfection at the track.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Another link to the video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_mMS0JuV4"]The New 2012 COPO Special Edition Camaro found at SEMA 2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
Awesome idea, Ford needed to kick somethings ass! Lol jk. That thing is cool, i wana see how it does lined up with the Cobra Jet.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I think it's badass. I mean drag cars built from the factory, this is late 60's kinda stuff!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does sound awesome and it would be great to see Ford, Chevy and Dodge butting heads again at the track. That second video was best, but I guess GM doesn't care to release the time slip even though "it met or exceeded every expectation", and "turned the times we thought it would". Do I hear the CobraJet licking its chops? :)

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
From what's been let slip, the 5.3/2.9 Whipple equipped version ran 9.69/140 mph with a 1.40 60'. Not too friggin shabby for the first time out and the fact that it's reportedly with the new solid axle design. Word is, it's within .005 of the CJ as an NHRA stocker. People can bitch and whine all they want, but the COPO/ZL1 cars are going to give the CJ/GT500 cars a run for the money. I'm curious what they could do with bigger cubes & a 4.0 whipple like the SCJ super stocker. Think about it, factory offerings from both Chevy & Ford running in the 8's...****ing nasty!:rockon:

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
From what's been let slip, the 5.3/2.9 Whipple equipped version ran 9.69/140 mph with a 1.40 60'. Not too friggin shabby for the first time out and the fact that it's reportedly with the new solid axle design. Word is, it's within .005 of the CJ as an NHRA stocker. People can bitch and whine all they want, but the COPO/ZL1 cars are going to give the CJ/GT500 cars a run for the money. I'm curious what they could do with bigger cubes & a 4.0 whipple like the SCJ super stocker. Think about it, factory offerings from both Chevy & Ford running in the 8's...****ing nasty!:rockon:

I agree with you but it wont be long and some clown will be posting a vid of the Tasca car running 8.0 even though that car is not even close to legal.
I dont really care what one is faster I just think the compotion is good for all of us with street cars.

Users who are viewing this thread