New Cobra Owner

XoCarChicaoX

Established Member
I just bought my first cobra today in PA. I am trying to learn more about it. I have a 2003 Mustang Cobra!! Everything appears to be stock and it only has 30k on it. I want to start to modify the engine but i dont know where to begin. Any suggestions to help out this cute jersey girl??

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
I just bought my first cobra today in PA. I am trying to learn more about it. I have a 2003 Mustang Cobra!! Everything appears to be stock and it only has 30k on it. I want to start to modify the engine but i dont know where to begin. Any suggestions to help out this cute jersey girl??

Yeah,

Post some pics Jersey Girl. :pepper:

I used to be Exit 109!

Small world :beer:

oneSICsvt

Established Member
KENNE BELL, ok wheres the pics:banana: haha um id say exhaust, pulley, tune just like a lot of people get. im in the process of getting all that now

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Start with a cold air kit and tune, via a diablo or sct programmer. I imagine you will be satisfied with that for a while. Congrats..!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Congrats,start here.http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm Lots of info on this site,take your time and surf the site a while,as posted above pics or ban!
sSig_welcome41.gif

mach1033

Established Member
Post pics of the engine bay. Also do you have someone in Jeresey that will be doing your work? Also congrats on getting a Cobra you made a wise choice. I'm in north Jersey and I get my car done all the way down in Ocean lol. I would say cold air intake, tune, and some exaust work for now. It will put you over the 400rwhp mark. :beer:

Juruense

Banned
Do not mod it until you have had it for at least 3 months and have had time to consider and plan. Read Cobra Bob's Cobra FAQ.

Lets see some pics of the car, including the engine bay.

Zeekmann

Established Member
Learn the power of the car first, then start to mod. Why mod it before you try it for awhile :) (Engine wise)

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
^ as stated above enjoy it first, figure out its power. dont rush, some have jumped in and regreted some early mods like me. drive it for 2 to 3 months read some posts and ask questions in here. then get some $$$ and a plan.

first plan----exhaust(midpipe with catback),cold air intake and shifter.

2nd plan----add the above with lowering springs, full length sub frame connectors, irs brace, c+c plates and 10.5 rims in rear.

3rd plan----add the above with upper pulley, idlers, belt tensioner, plugs, heat exchanger, head cooling mod, custom tune, maf, uca and lca bushings, drag radials if its a non daily driver and long tubes if you want some serious noise.

4th and final plan its an obvious one twin screw or twin turbo this will be some big $$$$$$$. this is just an idea others may jump in and change...please do. but have fun enjoy it:beer:

pics of car please:rockon:

Last edited:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I guess what it comes down to is what are you going to do with your car,Weekend cruiser,shows etc. If so i would just get a pulley,tune,intake and exhaust but if you want a strip car i would go Whipple/KB with injectors,GT pumps and a good tune. Whatever you decide to do one of the first things you should put on your car is a IRS brace,Its pretty cheap insurance.Enjoy your new ride!:rockon:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Where in Jersey are you located, I am exit 105 off of the GSP.

For mod work look at Sansone Ford in Ocean on Rt. 35 and talk to Travis or Frank

Mods:
Tire
----- 315/35/17 Nitto 555R Drag Radial on Stock Wheel
-----275/40/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street on Stock Wheel

K&N 12inch Cone Filter
Off Road X-Pipe or H-Pipe Your call
Cat-Back
Pulley...I liked my 2.76
-----Idlers are recommended to help prevent belt slip
XCal 3 for a tune. Then look up Kevin Hand of Wicked Motorsports to have him tune it
IRS Brace for cheap insurance

Oh yeah www.lethalperformance.com is your friend.

If you have specific questions and want to talk more in detail send me a pm.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
MAC 3" cat-back is what you should already have on order. :banana:

. . . .on an unrelated note, there are a lot of new Terminator owners popping up lately.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member

Welcome to SVTP, and Congrats on the Cobra acquisition.

If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM.

vin1382

Established Member
LOL, if a male member just signed up... no one would be telling them where they lived(i am off exit 105, exit 109).

BTW i am exit 109 off parkway ;). HAHA!

Vin

Juruense

Banned
Couple pieces of advice OP:
-do not mention you are a girl
-do not post pictures of yourself
-do not PM any of these leg humpers
-especially do not tell them where you live
-always drive your Cobra like you stole it :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread