New Cobra Owner

coco

Established Member
Hello All,

I m from Miami, Florida and just bought a 2003 SVT Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary Edition for $35,500.00 Red Torch color. This car was manufactured on 7/03.

I have always been a Bimmer owner but I just fell in love with this car. I still keep a 1989 E30 in show room conditions. I am also very much concerned about maintenance. I always have used Red Line Synthetic Oil from bumper to bumper and in the Cobra's manual says to use Ford Supreme oil 5-20W, I don't know much about that oil yet, but my experience with Red Line has been awesome. I will talk with the dealer about this issue and if I can use red line motor oil without affecting the warranty, I would like to know which oil to use. I will be installing a performance chip but still don't know which would be the best to get. And last. I want a rollbar that does not have the stop lights since it looks like a christmas tree.

I would appreciate any information on the above and will thank you in advance:beer:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WELCOME I work at linc/merc dealer in houston,tx. Red line is awesome recommend you stick w/ the 5w20 weight it is available in several full synth brands. NOTE 5w20 removes more heat and makes more power, also have seen some older 32v navigators burn some exhaust valves 50k and over. I run royal purple 5w20 in the wife's 99 navi 32v 49k hoping to avoid the high mileage exhaust valve "thing".
CONGRATS ON THAT COBRA!!! YEEE HAAAAW !!

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
n00baibohello.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread