New cobra owner in Columbus OH

REDFIRE_COBRA03

Established Member
Hi All, New 03 cobra owner here :rockon: and I am looking for some Cobra owners around Columbus OH? I have some questions regarding the car and would like another local owner to bounce some questions off of!

PM me if you are around, thanks all!

Woody6799

Established Member
Congrats on the buy and post up some pics! There is a ton of info on here for all areas. Post up your questions or use the search key and you will probably be able to find it out!

REDFIRE_COBRA03

Established Member
Thanks for the response Woody! I have searched and searched on a couple concerns I have with my car and have had no luck, even took it to some shops with no luck as well. That's why I was looking to find some local Cobra owners to meet up with and see what they think.

The concerns I have are,

-Supercharger rattle sound, I have removed the belt and the rattle goes away but when I have the belt on you can hear a rattle/grind sound in the supercharger that makes a grind to a halt sound when you shut the car off. I haven't noticed any drivability issues with the car however. I have changed the oil and the snout coupler but still didn't resolve anything, almost wonder if I should just not worry about it?

-Other concern is when the car is warmed up I get a very odd odor, almost like a sweet smell which I know usually means coolant but coolant level is great and if I have the hood open and rev the car I don't notice any leaks and the car isn't overheating at all... very weird.

The car is pullied and has after market air intake and exhaust and that's all the mods I can tell and is a 1 owner car with only 25k miles on it. Will post car pics as soon as I can. Thanks for any insight any of you can provide!

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
Congrats and welcome, I know there are a few cobra owners close to you hopefully they will meet up with you. I'm in Carey Ohio about an hour or so from you. As far as the car Did the guy you bought if from have the car tuned for the pulley, If you are not sure you might want to check into that and make sure everything is cool, The coolant smell maybe the heater core seeping alittle do you notice it more with the defrost system on? Good luck with the car they are a blast and this is a great group of people that are willing to give great advice. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I do by the way have a stock blower and a ported stage 6 that I would part with if you would need one!

qualls22

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP! I'm in Columbus all the time and I'm actually going to be moving there soon! Post some pics of the car!

REDFIRE_COBRA03

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback everyone and I will post some pics asap! Would be great to meet up with some of you local owners sometime!

Cobra9903, thanks for the feedback and forgot to mention in my first post I did get it tuned by Brian over at DTM, he said it was a little lean so he upped the fuel some and performed the tune. It ended up putting down 489 to the wheels with the current mods, before the tune it was at about 465. About 3 or 4 weeks after the tune I started noticing the supercharger rattle and smell. My thoughts are this isn't tune related but maybe coincidental.

REDFIRE_COBRA03

Established Member
Here's a couple quick pics all!

zsu5na.jpg

2w6cj92.jpg

TylerM35

Established Member
Congrats man! I also live in Columbus Ohio, grove city specifically but I had a couple 04 cobras and now have a gt500. Lots of 03/04 cobras around these parts if you ever wanna cruise with us let me know!

REDFIRE_COBRA03

Established Member
Congrats man! I also live in Columbus Ohio, grove city specifically but I had a couple 04 cobras and now have a gt500. Lots of 03/04 cobras around these parts if you ever wanna cruise with us let me know!

Thanks for the invite, I will have to take you up on that sometime! I live in Canal Winchester so I'm not far from you at all.

Users who are viewing this thread