New Cobra owner and need some help!

1fastsrt-4

Established Member
Hey owned my cobra for about a week know and noticed a loud clunk in the front end when shifting to 2nd or downshifting to first. Is this normal? It does have stock clutch flywheel. I have also had it die on me a few times when i put her in neutral to coast down hills. It also idles around 1.1 and fluctiates to 1.2k rpms then a few minutes goes down to 800rpms.

2003 Cobra very early build model not updated heads. I ordered a new clutch package and LDC cooling mod. Also steps 1-5 of the red pill. Will this eliminate the clunk or should i take it down to the local ford guy to look at it? Its been 20 degrees so way to cold to jack it up and look at it myself.

PS. it has a tri ax shifter and steeda adjustable clutch quandrant

Last edited:

Evil_SVT

Established Member
the clunk you here is your shifting getting used to the T56 tranny. trust me, I thought I had the same problem once I had just picked up the cobra. just get used to it eventually you will shifter alot smother without that loud clunk.

and that idling clean your IAC sensor and get a tune that should fix it

Last edited:

cobra12003

Established Member
I think a lot of noise does come from getting use to shifting and the IRS .
The red pill is for bad wheel hop and support .
Did you spin wheels yet? This is when you will get rear hop. Be careful
until you do red pill . Many threads on broken parts .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like you have the stall issue. You should have your ECU reflashed by the dealer but that won't cure the stall unless you're using the stock tune. You obviously have a custom tune since you have a KB. So have your tune updated with the stall-fix code. Your tuner should be able to do this for you.

1fastsrt-4

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yeah, I the Car is set up for April 1st to be retuned and stall corrected fingers crossed.

No I been real gentle with her except some 50mph roll on punches still lose traction and also thought i take her around some twisties that i used to visit often in my old car. she didnt' fair to well. The back end sure loves to move on you.

Yeah I can't get myself comfortable in it. I am 6'3 180 and I am what they call all legs. I need 35 inseam to 36 inseam jeans. So, I have the seat all the way back and i just can't get a clean clutch engagement.

Anyone know where its possible to get a seat extender for stock seats.

Users who are viewing this thread