New cobra in the garage!!

S

snakeplisskin93

I wound up buying the black/gray cobra in cali. Car has all options except sunroof, cd player has been replaced with a sony cd unit, sounds very nice.

Solid, original car with original exhaust and spare thats never been mounted.
72,800k on car. The A/C even still works,ice cold! Paint is severly faded, but with some love I can get it looking better than it is.

I drove it home from north of sacremento, detoured to san fran, then down to below fresno and the car runs fantastic!! 75-80mph all day long and still got 21mpg overall.

I decided to take a detour thru the sierras and boy let me tell you what an awesome drive! Rte 155 heading east SW of fresno was a serious twisty drive and the views couldn't be beat. I wound up at lake isabella for lunch and then headed up a valley to eventually go over another mountain into death valley, again awesome roads to drive. There were plenty of dips/rises in the road where you could almost get airborne, the entire chassis would unload upon hitting the top of each rise and you couldn't see over them, so it was like a jump, pretty exciting!

I went from 6000ft snow covered mountains to -100ft in death valley in a day, pretty awesome, I highly recommend the drive anywhere like that in a cobra.

I'll get some pics up soon.

WillyB93

Established Member
I haven't seen any new post from you, congratulations hope to see some transformation pictures to come.

S

snakeplisskin93

I haven't seen any new post from you, congratulations hope to see some transformation pictures to come.

I'm pretty low tech, no internet when I'm away from home, just a phone.

Gave the car a wash earlier, was a little dirty from the ride. Did a couple test polish spots with some rubbing compound and the difference is way better.

Also the stock exhaust sounds really good, especially around 55-60mph in 4th gear. I'd compare it to the quieter flowmaster catback, I think it's 50 series.

I had done a 50 series catback on a 95 GT a few years back and that's what it reminds me of, a nice sound, but not over the top.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Congrats :beer:. Can't wait to see the pics.
Nothing like being a new owner of true classic.

I have to say the last couple of months have been busy in the 93 cobra market. I think more 93's have sold in the last couple of months then 6 months prior.

S

snakeplisskin93

Thanks Everyone!! Went out today to get some paper to wetsand it and some meguiars ultimate compound. Did just a little test spot on the fender and it's night and day. Probably going to get a 6" orbital polisher to save my joints from the aches of hand polishing.

Pics to come in the next 2 days.

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Thanks Everyone!! Went out today to get some paper to wetsand it and some meguiars ultimate compound. Did just a little test spot on the fender and it's night and day. Probably going to get a 6" orbital polisher to save my joints from the aches of hand polishing.

Pics to come in the next 2 days.

Good deal. I'm rather nervous to wetsand mine, but its going to need it. The Claybar helped but tree sap is murder. Time to do some searching on this procedure. Good luck with your endeavor!

WillyB93

Established Member
Good deal I am sure a little wet sand and buff will work wonders on the paint job until you can get it freshly painted.

S

snakeplisskin93

I can't wait to see it. If are ever at any car events in the area with it let me know. There are a few of us going to meet on April 17th for the weekly car show at the Sante Fe Mining company.

Sunday Car Show at the Santa Fe Mining Co. | 53deluxe

Hey that sounds cool! I only did one car show last year at that mustang store on sunset by airport on a friday night show. It was pretty good turnout, probably 50-60 cars, most all fords. I showed near the end of it, so more cars were probably there.

Going to look that show up for the 17th and see where it is.

Here come some pics, bear with me!

S

snakeplisskin93

Mar3004.jpg

Here's before Pics!

Users who are viewing this thread