New clutch suggestions

Zemedici

Established Member
Geezus $600?? Bring it down to SC and I'll help you put it in for $250. I hate to tell you but with the exception of the Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch Kit (Part number FMK1026) you're not going to get very close to the $400 mark. Even that kit is $440.

Here's a link.

https://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-oem/exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit/fmk1026/i-2295572.aspx

$600 is very average for a clutch install....

usually 7 hours labor

And We've put in both just about every Mcleod clutch there is, and havent had one single issue or complaint.

JDos1

Established Member
I guess.... I was quoted $450-500 by two separate shops, one a well known Mustang shop, the other a trans shop I'm familiar with. Went ahead and did it myself anyway. Had it out, in and test driven within 5 hrs.

StalkerStang

Established Member
I'm curious how these single disc kits are handling 7k+ rpm shifts. After my GT350 manifold, when try to shift over 7k my pedal only comes back halfway.....

I'm down to the Spec 2+ or the Extreme street Mcleod...... I don't want to drop a grand on a twin disc for it.....

Zemedici

Established Member
I guess.... I was quoted $450-500 by two separate shops, one a well known Mustang shop, the other a trans shop I'm familiar with. Went ahead and did it myself anyway. Had it out, in and test driven within 5 hrs.

understandable, if you can do it yourself it'd save a bunch of money.

Not everyone has the ability or knowledge though...

JDos1

Established Member
I'm curious how these single disc kits are handling 7k+ rpm shifts. After my GT350 manifold, when try to shift over 7k my pedal only comes back halfway.....

I'm down to the Spec 2+ or the Extreme street Mcleod...... I don't want to drop a grand on a twin disc for it.....

I've shifted my Mach 500 single at 7500 rpm many a time. Does just fine, no issue whatsoever.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
You guys say the Mach 500 is good for a daily with little to no track use, same for the RST, but what about a daily driver that sees maybe 20-30 track passes a season? Would the Mach 500 still be a good choice for a daily that makes a few track passes every month? Stock 2014 with drag radials. I'm accustomed to slipping the stock clutch from 4000rpms or so to come out of the hole and not shock the trans or rear end since I'm not using a slick. Works well for me and I'd like to continue using this method if I can find a reasonable clutch to be as depandable as my stock one has

deletednow2017

Established Member
You guys say the Mach 500 is good for a daily with little to no track use, same for the RST, but what about a daily driver that sees maybe 20-30 track passes a season? Would the Mach 500 still be a good choice for a daily that makes a few track passes every month? Stock 2014 with drag radials. I'm accustomed to slipping the stock clutch from 4000rpms or so to come out of the hole and not shock the trans or rear end since I'm not using a slick. Works well for me and I'd like to continue using this method if I can find a reasonable clutch to be as depandable as my stock one has
RST would be my recommendation. The twin disc would be great for your application. I highly recommend pairing it with a new flywheel. I can get you setup with this if you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread