New clutch suggestions

Bryanh24

Established Member
Well... Turns out I need a new clutch for my 2014 gt. Should I just get another OEM clutch setup back in? Car doesn't have any power adders. Prob making 400-420 wheel. Car is driven daily and has it's spirited driving moments. What is the best clutch to fit my needs? I would like a close to stock feel if I do go aftermarket. Or is another OEM one good? Let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

Bryanh24

Established Member
I also have the stock manifold, so I only rev it to about 7000-7200. Never sees 7600.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Exedy 500 as mentioned above if you don't track the car often. Otherwise I'd go for a McLeod RST or RXT

JDos1

Established Member
Exedy Mach 500. I've had one in my car for 45k miles (147k on 2011 GT) and love it. I have the matching lightened flywheel as well.

centerforce

Established Member
Byan, it sounds like an OE clutch would be the best replacement for you. Unless you are increasing power quite a bit, or tracking the car often, you will not see much benefit from an upgraded clutch.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Byan, it sounds like an OE clutch would be the best replacement for you. Unless you are increasing power quite a bit, or tracking the car often, you will not see much benefit from an upgraded clutch.
Yeah that's what I ended up going with, an OE clutch. Feels great, much lighter than the original one I had on the car? Guess the first one was already starting to give out, I have no clue.

JDos1

Established Member
Shouldn't feel lighter at all. If the clutch was giving out you would know it via slippage, otherwise there isn't a whole lot of indication unless the fingers on the PP are fatigued. The OE pressure plate clamping force isn't extremely consistent. Personally I feel a Mach 500 is an excellent replacement for a dd car that sees no or little track use.

hand-filer

Established Member
What about someone with 700whp? Mcleod?

Best bang for your buck with that kind of power. RXT for track and street use, RST for street only.

I went with the RST, it's a little easier to modulate in stop and go driving and probably a little easier on the transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Famine

Established Member
Best bang for your buck with that kind of power. RXT for track and street use, RST for street only.

I went with the RST, it's a little easier to modulate in stop and go driving and probably a little easier on the transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But would the rst handle that kind of power?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
What about someone with 700whp? Mcleod?

RXT took out my trans almost immediately, I'm very happy with my Exedy 500 and alum flywheel at around that power level give or take. Best part is it was <350.00 shipped and driveability is a ton better than the RXT. Much quieter as well. I could see the Exedy 500 going out quick on a slick and frequent launches. On the street and track with my drag radial it's perfect.

evanjp

Established Member
I need a clutch for my car too. Shop near me told me around $600 for install. Trying to get one under 400 with slave cylinder etc

Blackplastic

Established Member
Centerforce does not make any upgraded clutches for are cars with just bolt ons?
I had Centerforce before in different car and was happy with them was wanting to go back to them.

JDos1

Established Member
I need a clutch for my car too. Shop near me told me around $600 for install. Trying to get one under 400 with slave cylinder etc

Geezus $600?? Bring it down to SC and I'll help you put it in for $250. I hate to tell you but with the exception of the Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch Kit (Part number FMK1026) you're not going to get very close to the $400 mark. Even that kit is $440.

Here's a link.

https://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-oem/exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit/fmk1026/i-2295572.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread