New Clutch Setups - PP/Flywheel/Etc.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Whats your currents setups?

My Spec 1 with its old PP is getting changed out - primarily because the PP is ruining every new clutch cable I put in and is stiffer than anything.

I know I'm leaning towards a CF but which one? I mean lets be honest - the Centerforce site is a goddamn joke. The site was probably made in 1995 its so bad to navigate and I cannot for the life of me find a good dealer right now online. (Even though my installer is ordering everything)

Every other site is for Spec's - American Muscle, etc. and I'm done with the Spec 1. Want something different.

My only other issue is Aluminum or Steel flywheel? And should I go CF or Fidanza? (Or possibly put McLeod into the equation?) BTW this is for a mild bolt on car with driveshaft and subframe upgrades coming Springtime.

I've probably asked this before but its been a while since I've modded. Thanks guys!

MouTine

Established Member
Just installed Ford OEM clutch assy, made by Valeo. Original flywheel machined to get new surface.

riored94cobra

Established Member
I recently just replaced my OEM clutch kit at 60k with a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel w/ replaceable steel insert and a Centerforce Duel Fiction Clutch Kit.

Do what I did and call Centerforce Tech and Fidanza Tech then have them decide which kit/flywheel is best for your application after a series of questions they will ask.

I like to combo alot. I haven't had any problems for over 2,000miles now. Grabs hard, but the pedal feel isn't too harsh. I will most likely keep this combo untill I'm out of the horsepower range this kit and my trans can handle.

I also added a steeda QR quad, fiore FWA, and a brand new cable at the same time I did the install.

I do feel like the engine revs quick and comes down quicker.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I am running an 07 Shelby GT 500 twin disk setup in preparation for the Teksid Terminator engine I am building.

Light pedal pressure and plenty of holding power.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I recently just replaced my OEM clutch kit at 60k with a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel w/ replaceable steel insert and a Centerforce Duel Fiction Clutch Kit.

Do what I did and call Centerforce Tech and Fidanza Tech then have them decide which kit/flywheel is best for your application after a series of questions they will ask.

I like to combo alot. I haven't had any problems for over 2,000miles now. Grabs hard, but the pedal feel isn't too harsh. I will most likely keep this combo untill I'm out of the horsepower range this kit and my trans can handle.

I also added a steeda QR quad, fiore FWA, and a brand new cable at the same time I did the install.

I do feel like the engine revs quick and comes down quicker.

That is so odd. You just answered all of my questions.

I was going to call both companies this week!

Whats the benefit of going aluminum vs. steel? Weight?

Also - the PP comes with the clutch kit right? I need a new one if not.

riored94cobra

Established Member
A lighter(less mass) flywheel allows your engine to rev quicker because your engine does not have to work as hard to spin the lighter rotating assembly. Its has similar effects as an aluminum driveshaft.

On the other hand, since your flywheel has less mass, it also loses some rotational energy, which fidanza can tell you all about.

I bought the Centerforce Kit NIB from the forums and it came with plenty of paperwork(warnings and such), a clutch disc, and a pressure plate. I had to buy my throwout bearing and pilot bearing separately(FRPP).

Let me know what ends up happening.

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
Centerforce D/F, FFRP Aluminum Flywheel, OEM Clutch cable, TOB, and quadrant. I love it

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
im running a fidanza aluminum flywheel, and 4.3 clutch set up. it is a bit on the stiff side but not too bad. i dd it for a while and it wasnt too hateful

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Andrew, I'll let you know next weekend what my RPS stage 2 clutch feels like haha.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
centerforce here, never had problems with them and have had them on several cars. I would like to upgrade to alum flywheel though

Users who are viewing this thread