New Clutch set-up$

army_man1014

Established Member
im Ok guys Im going to redo my clutch set finally. The car has been down for like 18 months. So what do you think?

-McLeod RXT 26 Spline Clutch
-McLeod Steel Flywheel
-D&D 26 Spline input shaft
-Shims for shaft
-I have a FORD Heavy duty TOB in garage

Is there anything else you guys think I should get?
$1600 so far in parts UGH FML

army_man1014

Established Member
What cable should i get? I just got the Adjustable UPR cable but I had to cut some of it where it attaches to firewall adjuster.
I know theres a cable out there thats already good to go but dont know name of it.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
i am doing about the same set up. Most of the guys around here say to go with a OEM cable. I found this out after buying a aftermarket cable.

army_man1014

Established Member
Yea I found out the hard way as we'll. oh well but does anyone think I should replace the fork?

Also how much would you say this would cost at a tranny shop.

Aubz

Established Member
Not to change the thread but i have an rxt waiting to install. I was going to buy a fidanza aluminum flywheel? Will they work well together?

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I've heard good things with the RXT n fidanza setup. I haven't used it personally. I use a ran stainless steel.

OP, get the OEM cable or the ford racing adjustable cable. All other cable suck and idk why... Most the time it's the washer stack up and the cable chafs on the firewall.

gabe1530

Banned
thats a decent price.

you dont have to go with the steel flywheel. you can have yours sent in to have the insert replaced and save yourself a lot of money. i did that and it works great. i did not need the shims with my d&d input shaft. that shaft was perfect and from what i have read on here many others were as well. still have the shims unopened in a box somewhere. as others have said, go with the stock cable.

army_man1014

Established Member
ok thats good to know.

The shims I heard the same thing, but like you said I will buy them and just return them if not needed.

Im going to call FORD and get the stock cable.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you've got the bearing, don't forget our retainer sleeve!

Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve

lp-t56tobsleeve.jpg

army_man1014

Established Member
Ok so my tranny guy just called me..

Hes tearing apart the trans now to do all the work and ran into an issue. He said the TOB seized to the "collar" now i asked him what this part was. he just said what the tob rides on. I then told him the story well the car did kinda smoke a little in that area.. he then says oh yea i bet it did.

Does anyone know what this part is. How much is cost, is there an upgraded part rather then stock

army_man1014

Established Member
Not to question you integrity.

The shop said this part is like 1000 bucks and he's gotta order it through ford. Is that the only thing the tob sits on or touches

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Not to question you integrity.

The shop said this part is like 1000 bucks and he's gotta order it through ford. Is that the only thing the tob sits on or touches

that is bs. the aftermarket tob retainer tube gets installed into the front cover from the back.

he is right though, that if you buy it from ford, the part comes with the entire front cover and is expensive.

but it is not necessary, besides that is a stamped thin steel part instead of the billet aftermarket piece, so get the aftermarket one.

Users who are viewing this thread