New Clutch and Shifter on the way!

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Well, its bonus season!

Spent part of the bonus today...New Mcleod RXT/lightened steel flywheel and MGW shifter on the way for install. Hopefully get them put in next week!

While it is there will be having the Amsoil tranny and diff fluid installed, should be awesome!

I'll post some pics and impressions once I get the car back. Just in time too, clutch getting worse and worse with daily driving...

And for you guys with other hobbies, also get a new bike. Road bike that is, BMC Race Machine (same frame but different carbon layout that won the tour this last year).

VNMOUS1

Established Member
For what it's worth Mobil 1 is the ONLY synth trans fluid that Tremec suggests for the 6060.

It works great by the way.

bj

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Those two Item are two of the best investments I've made since modding my car. Excellent choice man.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Run the break in on the clutch and you won't be sorry. Great piece of work.

I need to change the tranny fluid, but haven't made my mind up which I'm going to use as of yet.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
For what it's worth Mobil 1 is the ONLY synth trans fluid that Tremec suggests for the 6060.

It works great by the way.

bj

That's because they haven't tested anything else. Speak in depth with a tech there that will be honest with you, and he will say the same. Then continue on and ask them about Synchromesh...they will say, "We've had great success reported from many people through the years."

Not to be the devils advocate here, but I've heard this statement made too many times. Their transmission is spec'd for a Dexron III ATF lubricant. Amsoil ATF far exceeds those specs.

I challenge anyone to try Amsoil ATF in their Tremec T6060. It will make such a difference, you will notice, and you will never use anything else.

Amsoil Synthetic ATF - requires 1 gallon

Last edited:

bossnova3

Established Member
Hey unleashed I went ahead and did the switch to amsoil atf on mine, how long before we have to change it?

FYI after reading all the good info about amsoil I've switched to amsoil on mine....

Thanks
Ed

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Hey unleashed I went ahead and did the switch to amsoil atf on mine, how long before we have to change it?

FYI after reading all the good info about amsoil I've switched to amsoil on mine....

Thanks
Ed

Stick with the max interval of 50,000 miles (Amsoil's severe service recommendation). Anything up to that, or less, and you are good.

If you have a lubricant changing OCD....use whatever interval you feel comfortable with up to 50,000 miles.

Last edited:

TexasShelby

Established Member
unleashed.... You can really tell a difference in the the tranny just by changing the oil?I'm going to give the Amsoil a try, what do you recommend for the rear end....(of the car, not that there is anyone out there that might like to add a comment or two
Shutup.gif
)

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
I'm here to tell you that you can definitely tell a difference...NO question. I'm sure Amsoil would be great. My experience has been with Mobil 1.

unleashed.... You can really tell a difference in the the tranny just by changing the oil?I'm going to give the Amsoil a try, what do you recommend for the rear end....(of the car, not that there is anyone out there that might like to add a comment or two
Shutup.gif
)

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I used Mobil 1 and had to put the Amsoil back in after a week

Mobil 1 shifted like crap!!!!

Go Amsoil for the tranny.

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Well, the Amsoil will be in my car in a few days...I will let everyone know how the new combo actually feels (of course this is changing 3 variables at once, not exactly scientific protocol!)

Users who are viewing this thread