New Challenger

coco

Established Member
This couldn't have had come at better time. The new challenger looks awesome and has similar numbers from 0 to 60 as the Shelby. The good news, Ford has competition now and will have to keep the prices competitive. Take a look:
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html :lol:

I am seriously thinking about it...won't pay a nickel above MSRP for the Shelby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I had been checking out the new Challenger myself. There is no doubt that car will be formidable competiton in the muscle car market. Very sweet package if it remains true to current form by production.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO the Challenger (give me a Hemi version) is the nicest looking muscle car to come to production recently. I think it is going to be a real hit! Especially the Hemi version. Sweet!

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Doesn't anyone think it looks a little too much like the original? (I like the old Mopars very much, don't get me wrong, maybe almost like not modern enough). :shrug:

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
that was my thoughts, too, Doc. I look at it, and think they are using the same quarter panels as the original. I, for one, do not like it. Although, I pretty much hate all Chrysler products. This, to me, is a boring, rehashed car.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
that car is pretty gorgeous. too bad it's ****ing 4,100 lbs. why cant manufacturers keep the weight down on cars these days?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm probably gonna get flamed right off the board for this, but if you compare DC retro version muscle car (challenger) to Fords (mustang) to me the challenger is a better looking car. They executed the retro design theme better without in looking weird. That think will sell like crazy if the productionversion looks close to that, which DC tends to stick closely to their concept designs.

Just my opinion, not starting a war.

93tealcoupe

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I'm probably gonna get flamed right off the board for this, but if you compare DC retro version muscle car (challenger) to Fords (mustang) to me the challenger is a better looking car. They executed the retro design theme better without in looking weird. That think will sell like crazy if the productionversion looks close to that, which DC tends to stick closely to their concept designs.

i would have to agree with you there, looks great if they keep it close to that concept design unlike the new mustang.

Blue Magic

Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
that car is pretty gorgeous. too bad it's ****ing 4,100 lbs. why cant manufacturers keep the weight down on cars these days?
Exactly!! What a MOO! Imagine how fast it would be with a diet! And gas mileage is BETTER than the original? Hah! My 70 Challenger RT w/440-6pk got 1 mile per gallon less. ( With your foot not "in it" , of course) Not a great improvement in 37 years! (Since they list it as a 07) :rolleyes:

Supernova

Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
Where did it say that? I didn't bother reading the article, I just looked at the pictures...

Supernova

Established Member
GTSpartan said:

You really can't win with this stuff one way or the other. The Challenger looks almost exactly like the old one, so people complain that it is just a lame copy. The Mustang looks similar to the old ones, but with new design in it, and people say it looks too much like the old ones.

The Challenger is kinda neat looking, but I wouldn't say it's beautiful. It was never my favorite muscle car design anyway. Personally I think the new Mustang is much nicer looking. Though I do like the pistol grip shifter on the Challenger.

TNTramair

Established Member
I love this car...cant wait till it comes out...im gonna put my chrysler employee discount to use on this thing.
4100?? i didnt see any weight specs my self, but they are using a shortened charger/magnum chassis...they weigh in at about that much 4100-4200 so i would imagine it'll be a little lighter.
best retro car ive seen from any manufacturer till this point. if they put the 392 hemi in it, look for the numbers on this thing to be upwards of 450hp...still, a 6.1l srt8 hemi will be just as pleasant to drive im sure.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I'm one of the few thats not a fan of it. I like traditional styling. And i know i know how much more traditional could a remake of a car in the glory days be? Well just because it looks like the old one doesn't mean i like the styling of it. The ONLY car they redesigned from the 60's i like is the Ford GT. They did an amazing job with that car. The new camaro, mustangs, and now this challenger i just don't like. They look like cheap modern ripoffs.

86MonteSS

Established Member
that thing is bad a**. its got an old school body look too! finally the car companies are going in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread