New cell phone time

fergy016

Established Member
I really don't want a smart phone, I just need something comparable to what I have now, I like the fact that it only needs charging once a week and it works well, as a phone.

What is out there and which service providers?

Thanks,

-Brian
If you stay with At&t your monthly payment plan should stay the same/text message plan. You will just be upgrading to a new phone which if you get one of the free ones can cost you nothing.

Things you want:
Phone you can talk on
Bluetooth capable?
Do you text message?
-need a qwerty keyboard?
-do you mind a digital keyboard

Do you want a data plan?
-surf the internet on your phone
-gps etc.

What service provider are you going to go with?

These all need to be answered before telling you what phone is good/bad

I will never own a blackberry again. I have one, and the software/support of RIM(maker of Blackberry) has really let me down. I have researched the newer phones, Torch for example, and the software is buggy still on the newer models.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
guys if they are making him get a new phone then he must also get a new plan as he has an old at&t wireless blue plan that is no longer compatible with anything.

OP did at&t contact you directly? Or were you told this on a visit to an at&t store? If a store was it corporate or reseller?

B-O-B'03

Established Member
What color is your SIM?

Is it a AT&T WIRELESS SIM?

Did they refer to your plan as a blue plan?

Thanks VirtualSVT, I was hoping you would come in.

Yes, The SIM is a AT&T wireless
No mention of plan color?

guys if they are making him get a new phone then he must also get a new plan as he has an old at&t wireless blue plan that is no longer compatible with anything.

OP did at&t contact you directly? Or were you told this on a visit to an at&t store? If a store was it corporate or reseller?

I have received stuff in the mail, text messages and a voice mail on the home phone about it.

The phone is a Nokia 6820, tri-band and it looks like operates in the same frequency ranges Cingular/AT&T are using now, I was wondering if it could be unlocked to use the SIM card out of whatever new POS they give me?

Thanks,

-Brian

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Ok so you need to convert over to a at&t orange plan. You can do it over the phone with customer care or you can do it in a corporate retail store. You can unlock your current Nokia to use and you'll be ok.

Try this site for a free code:
Free SIM Unlock Nokia online

It tells you how to get your IMEI number. Word of warning. If you enter the wrong information you will turn your phone into a paperweight.

Users who are viewing this thread