New car, 2018 GT Mustang A10

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm the opposite. I think the rear looks good. It's the front I'm having trouble with and those hood vents. lol
I haven't seen one in person yet though.

Rear looks the same as previous, looks too bubbly and blah without a gt500/saleen style spoiler.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Very nice! 18s are looking like they are a big step up.
At this point a left over new 17 Mustang GT base models are discounted into the 20s at some dealers.... Is the 18 worth 12-14k more for the same trim level?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very nice! 18s are looking like they are a big step up.
At this point a left over new 17 Mustang GT base models are discounted into the 20s at some dealers.... Is the 18 worth 12-14k more for the same trim level?

The 18's are expensive when you option them out, base 300a car is still very affordable at 35,995 MSRP. You could probably pick the car up for around 32-33k after rebate and discounts and have a hell of a car. Intake and E85 tune will put you close to 440-450hp at the tires. That is a lot of power/car for that money and simple mods.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
OP, congrats on the purchase and you should be able to crack into the 7's in stock form with your drag set up.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I was at my Ford dealer as I am looking into a 18 Explorer sport. I saw some 18's on the lot and most of the ones they had were manual with PP packages. All were in the 40's I saw 1 with a A10, base model and I believe it was 37k.

With the new tech the cars have gone up with the new trims, but in truth this new 5.0 is way beyond even what the 13~14 GT500's were in the tech. Put F/I on the new 5.0 and your running with a 13~14GT500 easily.

T56LS102

Established Member
Thank you very much guys, only one issue I have found so far with the car is a paint imperfection, a speck of dust / dirt under the paint on the trunk. I'll bring it up to the dealer over the weekend. Also, might be nit picking but with the ac blower on the lowest setting it blows pretty hard, like it needs an additional lower setting. other than that, no complaints and looking forward to tonight to see how she runs at the track.

T56LS102

Established Member
20171205_161451.jpg
20171205_161433.jpg
Man already went straight to the business setup! Nice

Ya, mainly because this car came with 20" wheels, that wouldn't of worked too well at the track

Bring it out to the roll race event in Fontana on Jan 5th... I'd love to check that thing out.

Looks great.

Thanks, and I'm down! Shoot me a pm
Pic of car with og wheels
20171205_161451.jpg

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
id say if thats ur only complaint u got one hellova car...... jealous of that Tranny and amount of speakers and their locations. makes for quite a sound system with the correct components.

I am curious as to how much power these trannys will hold. I can only assume its more then a 6r80 but I don't know.

Thank you very much guys, only one issue I have found so far with the car is a paint imperfection, a speck of dust / dirt under the paint on the trunk. I'll bring it up to the dealer over the weekend. Also, might be nit picking but with the ac blower on the lowest setting it blows pretty hard, like it needs an additional lower setting. other than that, no complaints and looking forward to tonight to see how she runs at the track.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was at my Ford dealer as I am looking into a 18 Explorer sport. I saw some 18's on the lot and most of the ones they had were manual with PP packages. All were in the 40's I saw 1 with a A10, base model and I believe it was 37k.

With the new tech the cars have gone up with the new trims, but in truth this new 5.0 is way beyond even what the 13~14 GT500's were in the tech. Put F/I on the new 5.0 and your running with a 13~14GT500 easily.
FI in the s550 cars and you’re passed the GT500.
Ford needs to release the next gt500 now, I know we’re all ready. Is your body ready?

Congrats @T56LS102, I was stoked as hell when I brought home my 5.0. First mustang I ever owned. Hope to own more one day.

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
That MSRP on a GT coupe is crazy though. It's a better all around car then what my first new terminator was but that thing was $35k for the coupe with no ADM as the Gt500 or Cobra will have when it arrives for most at most like like $70k+ to start....crazy, especially because where I am I can only drive it 6 months of the year on a good year.
why only six months?

raustin0017

Established Member
Nice car...
Got a few questions.
How many miles did you have on your new Mustang before taking it to the race track?
Did you lease or purchase?
If purchased...how long do you plan on keeping it?
If purchased...did you opt for the Ford ESP?

T56LS102

Established Member
Nice car...
Got a few questions.
How many miles did you have on your new Mustang before taking it to the race track? 750 miles
Did you lease or purchase? Purchase
If purchased...how long do you plan on keeping it? 10 + years
If purchased...did you opt for the Ford ESP? No

Please see answers above

Users who are viewing this thread