New CA DMV old school plates

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I am ordering myself a black set and wanted to pass the info along. The DMV now has a program that will let you put the old style yellow, black or blue plates on any year vehicle. These are re-productions with current reflective requirements.

Here is the link. They are currently taking pre-orders

CA Legacy Plates

SLPRCTM

Established Member
2015 or 7500 pre-orders. Which ever happens first. If they don't meet the minimum order number by 2015, they will issue a refund. As soon as they get the 7500 orders, they will start the process. So the faster you get your order in, the sooner we all might get our plates.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
I think if DMV wanted to make some real bank, it would be to provide color-coded plates that would match your car color.

Lets face it; license plates depending on your car color stand out like a sore thumb!

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I think if DMV wanted to make some real bank, it would be to provide color-coded plates that would match your car color.

Lets face it; license plates depending on your car color stand out like a sore thumb!

Lets do it!

svtaddict

Established Member
im always cautious it says no credit cards or debit cards only check money order or cashiers check. also its a p.o. box where they will receive payment hmmmm. last time i was dealing with the dmv they didnt have any problem taking my debit card as payment.

dwish

Established Member
I would be cautious if it weren't their website. It looks official. I think any type of impersonation of a government department would be outed pretty quickly.

svtaddict

Established Member
yeah come to think of it they probably just dont want to pay the debit/credit card charges because if they dont get the 7500 they would be shit out of a couple grand after full refunds

Users who are viewing this thread