New BLACK 5.0 badges

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Very impressed with the quality and look of the 5.0 badges from Blue Oval Industries. Not to mention as far as badges go they were practically free.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Black Fender Emblem - Home for your Ford Mustang

As far as install..very simple

1. Cleaned area with Windex

2. Used 2" tape around the stock badge. This helps with placement of the new badge as well as prevents any possible hits to the paint.

3. Use a hairdryer to heat the stock badge to soften the tape.

4. Didn't have fishing line so I used dental floss and flossed around the badge. Then it lifted away easily.

5. Cleaned up the remainder of the tape with Goo Gone and cleaned surface with rubbing alcohol.

6. Applied new badges and applied heat to them for a minute and pressed again firmly to car.

7. Last step...:beer:

2.jpg

1.jpg

oneof185

Established Member
Look good. Just ordered mine, I think they will be sharp on my Grabber Blue with 18% Tint too.

jas11151990

Established Member
The emblems that the OP got look much better than those, plus they show up better on the Sterling Gray car than on the black.

Its the same damn thing but without red dot.....and i have a blacked out 5.0. No need to be an ass****.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Look good. Just ordered mine, I think they will be sharp on my Grabber Blue with 18% Tint too.

Be sure to post pics of them on your car. I also have a Grabber Blue GT with tinted windows and some black accents and I'm curious as to how they would look.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Its the same damn thing but without red dot.....and i have a blacked out 5.0. No need to be an asshole.

Not trying to be an a**hole. I'm just giving my opinion on a public forum. :shrug:

Without the red dot the 5.0 emblem on a black car is basically invisible. If that is what you wanted then that is fine! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread