New best with a few videos

sean04

Established Member
Made it out to Sacramento raceway last night. When we first got there it was extremely hot, da was over 3500, but by the end of the night it dipped below 2000' and I got a few decent runs in. I played with the suspension settings a bit since last time out but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. It still isn't leaving like I think it should. Here are the two best runs of the night.

They made a mistake on my car number on the 10.89 run

c7046424627a286873de73dc40d79abf_zps1eb92663.gif

and a couple of vids
http://youtu.be/meTVgMq6NrY

http://youtu.be/y0grIxfY1Hc

http://youtu.be/mgF5fY3WOfQ

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Wow man, car is moooooving. That's impressive. That trap is nasty, almost 127mph geez. I think you still have some more left in your 60', that with some better weather you'll be pretty deep in the 10s.

What rear tires are you running? And what are you launching at? She looks like she was skating around on the big end?

Imagine if you were running at Cecil, lol this car would be 130mph traps all day

GT915

Established Member
Hell yes...that's how it's done. What rpm are you leaving at? Did you swap to the magnum as a preventative measure or did you just devastate the mt82?
Bitchin ride btw!

sean04

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm running 28x10.5x15 stiff wall MT's. I had the limiter between 5200-5500. And since it wasn't hooking up too well I kept dropping the pressure. I was down to 11psi by the end of the night and the car started to move around a little on the big end. I'd love to see the car leave at 6500 and hook.

sean04

Established Member
I had a hard time with getting the mt82 to shift properly about 7200 or so. Before I had a chance to try a different clutch I ended up mashing the factory tranny up pretty well. The magnum has been awesome so far.

toomnymods

Established Member
nice driving.. hopefully i can get mine into the 10's eventually, I just gotta decide how i wanna do it, lol either adding twins or do it the harder way of cams, cj mani and cj tb...
Also i would like to stay manual but would like the strongest trans possible for 1100ish hp.. what trans would that be a t-56? or ???

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Nice runs! Their 1000 ft mph seems off. My times and some others running about the same are seeing 116 or so. Or the 1/4 mph is a little high

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
What clutch are you running? It might be too much clutch. Depending who makes it, you can send the pressure plate back & take some spring pressure out of it. I know SPEC does that...

sean04

Established Member
Nice runs! Their 1000 ft mph seems off. My times and some others running about the same are seeing 116 or so. Or the 1/4 mph is a little high

Thanks man, ya I don't know which it is. This is the only local track that will
Let me make passes without the bar. As soon as the weather gets a little better ill hit up another local track and see what it does there.

sean04

Established Member
It's a spec clutch, I never thought about that, give it some slip off the line. I guess that would be a fine line between too much pressure and not enough to where it just smokes the clutch. Thanks for the tip.

And I already gave my wife plenty of shit for her lack of video skills haha

BMR Tech

Keep up the great work.

As for the rear shock settings, let's try two different settings - and I need good vid of each set-up. This will help me determine if it's the track, or the suspension/tires that need attention.

Next pass, go 7C / 11R

After that pass, go 12C / 11R

Film them, and share the vid from each setting.

You'll get there. Dialing in a decently powered, higher RPM launching car can be a challenge. It's fun when it pays off though!

BMR Tech

Also, if those two settings make NO difference, we need to go less aggressive on the IC.

I don't recall your UCA/LCA settings....but I think you are Upper in UCA, and Middle in LCA?

If those settings dont make a difference, raise the LCA up to the top of the LCA Bracket. If that doesn't make a difference, use the OEM position and shoot that Rebound setting up to 15! (9C/15R - for the OEM LCA position)

Users who are viewing this thread