New best time

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
thanks everyone, I heard so much crap from my friends on the -.001 r/t. "oh, red light. doesnt count" lol it was funny tho.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Not really, I did one or two the first time the car went to the track just to get use to the track again but never pushed it.

Another 5.0 other with damn identical mods on motor is said to have run 7.6x. I haven't seen it tho.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Nice runs Scott, you are making those 1.4 and 1.5 60' look easy. I've only made 5 passes with my car, and could never cut lower than a 1.8

I have a 96 mph 1/8 mile run, but only a 7.6 E.T. thanks to the launch difficulty. Thank the Race Stars big and little setup for your fortune. It makes a difference.

6.97 in the 1/8 mile is about 10.85 in the 1/4 mile.

P.S. I'm still gonna eat ya on the street. :rolling:

Last edited:

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Nice runs Scott, you are making those 1.4 and 1.5 60' look easy. I've only made 5 passes with my car, and could never cut lower than a 1.8

I have a 96 mph 1/8 mile run, but only a 7.6 E.T. thanks to the launch difficulty. Thank the Race Stars big and little setup for your fortune. It makes a difference.

6.97 in the 1/8 mile is about 10.85 in the 1/4 mile.

P.S. I'm still gonna eat ya on the street. :rolling:

my trap woulda been a little higher if i didnt run outta gear so prolly 96 too. its going to be stupid close, but as we learn with Mr grabber blue gt500 the 5.0>5.4 bwahahaha :banana:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
my trap woulda been a little higher if i didnt run outta gear so prolly 96 too. its going to be stupid close, but as we learn with Mr grabber blue gt500 the 5.0>5.4 bwahahaha :banana:

Poor Holmes! You own stock GT500s so bad, it makes me feel evil thinking about it. Nah, not really...lol

My 96 mph 1/8 run was before the heat exchanger upgrade on my car, and I had just driven to Holt and began hot lapping. The car was not running full spark advance due to heat soak. Now I have the dual fan heat exchanger and 170* thermostat. It's straight water only in both systems (radiator and intercooler) with Dominator Coolant Boost, no anti-freeze. I need to go back to see how it helped, we should venture out there together for another test and tune Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

Mobile this weekend?

Last edited:

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
this is probably the only stick 5.0 i've seen go fast, seems like everyone else has autos :beer:
nice launch to for just dr's

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
this is probably the only stick 5.0 i've seen go fast, seems like everyone else has autos :beer:
nice launch to for just dr's

Haha thanks, yup everyone hates on the mt-82. But a barton bracket, shifter, synchromesh, and k member brace with the poly tq arms on it made that thing a new animal. Holding up well to 600+ ftlbs. not grinding or giving me any problems after all that.

Times Seem on par for what most shops run with the same setup in an auto w/ a good driver.

60' and weight transfer surprised the shit outta me too, on the stock suspension stuff.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Don't have one. It had a slipping clutch and spark blow out so the curve was all jacked up anyway.

Since then I fixed the clutch and capped the plugs stupid tight. Feels alot better now, but haven't made it back to the dyno and still getting misfire cel every few runs but can't feel it like before. Really Need better coils. The 18k volts stock makes just cant cut it in the violent cylinders of a nitrous motor. Lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Don't have one. It had a slipping clutch and spark blow out so the curve was all jacked up anyway.

Since then I fixed the clutch and capped the plugs stupid tight. Feels alot better now, but haven't made it back to the dyno and still getting misfire cel every few runs but can't feel it like before. Really Need better coils. The 18k volts stock makes just cant cut it in the violent cylinders of a nitrous motor. Lol

What plugs? TR6 gapped about .032?

You may not need better coils. Use iridium plugs, as they require less energy to fire than a normal copper core. I'm assuming you went to a TR6 though.

TR6IX may be the winner for your setup.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
brisk 14 silver non projected tip at .026 and still get it LOL def trying something else next time. Supposedly these are great nitrous plugs, fooled me.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
brisk 14 silver non projected tip at .026 and still get it LOL def trying something else next time. Supposedly these are great nitrous plugs, fooled me.

a set of TR6 plugs will only cost you 2.09 each, and it's worth a shot. That's whats in my car, and a lot of 10 second GT500 cars. They change them out every 3-5K miles, but they are so cheap....no one cares.

I would run them up to 10K miles reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread