New best Sunday thanks to the MP!

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Finally got out to the track for the first time this year. Temps were in the 50's and this was the first runs since switching from shorty headers to long tubes and a ported Eaton with stock upper to the MP with a 2.7. Tweaked the tune each pass and got better every time. Started at 11.82 and ended at.....you'll have to watch the video below.

[ame=http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb145/ILLWIN/Lighning%20vids/?action=view&current=1152pass.flv]
th_1152pass.jpg
[/ame]

There's more in it I'm sure since my IAT2's hit 158 on the shift into 3rd so it was pulling timing before it was out of second gear. As you can see from the timeslip below it ran 7.33 @ 95 in the 1/8th and only picked up 19 MPH on the big end. Not too bad of a 60' either but I think the Lakewoods and stock shocks have 1.5x's in them yet.

Lightningpics.gif

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
No ice box yet. Always did fine with just the AFCO & fans before. Time to do some research on aftermarket resiviors.

Matt

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Previous best was an 11.98 on an Eaton but tune was forcing it to shift at 4900 so I'm sure it had at least an 11.8 in it then.

Built motor stage 3 heads, stage 2 cams, LFP 2400 RPM converter.

I think 11.3's are possible with nothing more than shorter tires and keeping IAT2's down. I think I can shave off more too since this was a really conservative tune as far as timing. May just have to see if I can push it into the 10's on the little MP. :)

And this is a full weigh truck other than the spare tire and I pulled the tailgate for the 11.52 pass. I still have my hitch and trailer brake controller since I still haul and tow with this truck.

Man I love these Lightnings.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Previous best was an 11.98 on an Eaton but tune was forcing it to shift at 4900 so I'm sure it had at least an 11.8 in it then.

Built motor stage 3 heads, stage 2 cams, LFP 2400 RPM converter.

I think 11.3's are possible with nothing more than shorter tires and keeping IAT2's down. I think I can shave off more too since this was a really conservative tune as far as timing. May just have to see if I can push it into the 10's on the little MP. :)

And this is a full weigh truck other than the spare tire and I pulled the tailgate for the 11.52 pass. I still have my hitch and trailer brake controller since I still haul and tow with this truck.

Man I love these Lightnings.

The MP can get you to the 10s. It takes a lot of work, but I have done it, Fast Gator has too, and The Fridge as well.

Jim

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Congrats, Matt! I wish I could have been in town to come out there and watch it! I think I finally make it back into town next week. I'll try to hit you up then.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Congrats!

What size lower pulley are you running with that setup and how much boost is it making?

10# lower and at one point I saw 19#'s but I think my gauge is off a bit because with the engine off it sits at 4" of vacume. I'd say more likely 21+ puonds of boost.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread