New best in the 1/8th

jeffsvt

Established Member
I went and did some bracket racing last night and ended up coming away with a new best . I usually run a 2.76 upper but I've been getting some hesitation on the top end and decided to change back to the 2.93 upper just to see if this cured it . It did indeed cure my hesitation problem and the car ran faster than it did with the 2.76 .

60ft . 1.70
1/8th 7.49 @ 98mph

I had the car dialed in with a 7.53 and broke out luckily the other guy broke out more .

The car trapped all night in the 97 - 98mph range . It usually traps the same with the 2.76 . The car felt very strong tonight and I enjoyed it very much ! I also walked away with some money from the bracket race which is nice . Now if I can just get use to launching the car with the DFX clutch I'll be set .

jeffsvt

Established Member
Thanks ! And you will love the port !

Also I actually questioned the mph at the track last night because I thought there was no way I was trapping that high . But after talking to alot of other racers that know what their cars run they said their mph was right in check with the usual .

JMD0346

Established Member
Damn thats flying. I think the air is getting better too. Not just the heat but the humidity. Ive trapped 96 mph at orangeburg on a couple occasions but that was about 50 degrees or so. 93 is the best ive done this summer. After the port I should be up there with you. I hope!

jeffsvt

Established Member
Since I added a JLT CAI , Accufab TB and a better clutch my car has picked up 5+ mph and .3 - .5 sec in the 1/8th in the heat ! Hopefully this winter I will get some 7.30s or even some 7.20s out of the car .

JMD0346

Established Member
You should be able to get that. Im hoping for .30's myself. That would put me around a .40 or so in the .25. Thats where I want to be before I do anymore mods. Im wanting to do the lower too. Im gonna wait to see where this "voltage" discussion goes before I do. You going to the street car shootout coming up?

jeffsvt

Established Member
I'll be there Friday for the shootout ! They used a picture of my car on the flyer for it which I thought was pretty cool . I am only going to run in the bracket class for fun . Are you going to it ? If so we will have to meet up at the track !

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! I always loved my 2.90 upper. Tried a 2.80 for a bit but the car just didn't feel as strong. On paper peak hp increased by about 10 but it just didn't feel right for some reason. Interesting that you're getting better overall performance from the 2.93 than your old 2.76.

Users who are viewing this thread