New best at the track today with AED tune, but bad results......

SicShelby09

Banned
Ok so I was able to get a new best today. Im #318 in the left lane.

IMG_0095.jpg

Mods:

AED lopey idle tune
BBK Cat delete pipes
GT500 Mufflers
K&N filter
MT ET streets 305/35/18

The bad part is 9 out of 10 runs the clutch pedal stuck to the floor completely screwing the run bad if I dared to shift at 7K or above. I took two trips to the auto parts store to get some dot 4 sync fluid and turkey baster to swap out the fluid. That was a no go. Still did it even after swapping in over 2 quarts of dot 4 sync through the brake/clutch fill spot. Then I tried removing the helper spring from the clutch assembly. It still did it the next pass. So I decided to just shift at 6500 for the rest of the day. That seemed to stop the clutch issue, but it also stopped me from getting my 11 second slip. Just bullshit. On the flip side, I was hammering 5th gen camaros like crazy. But I need to get the GT500 pedal assembly I assume. Im also going to get another crate of dot 4 and run it through the whole system until its perfectly clear.

The car was a maniac with the AED tune in it. I tried the supplied Drag tune, and found the normal lopey idle tune was faster by 2mph. Also it loped harder with the normal non drag tune. The camaro guys were convinced I had more done. And when I go back, I will. Its time for a JLT CAI. But the weather was great. Sunny and 50*. This clutch pedal thing really bothered me. Killed the day for the most part.

Brian

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That's wild I've never had my pedel stick. Good times though, I swapped to the jhr line this weekend. Maybe that would help you.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
very nice. How do you like the AED tune? Can you compare it to anyone else?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Get the JHR clutch line.

Also, try these shift points:

1-2, 6600-6700
2-3, 6700-6800
3-4, 6900-7000

Shaun recommended these to me. I used to shift every gear at 6800. I picked up more than 1 mph with these shift points. There is no need to wind every gear to 7k if you don't have a Boss intake.

Mike

Shaun@AED

After the burnout I pump the clutch like crazy or I won't be able to hit all gears.

chao5.0

Established Member
so the JHR clutch line really helps with the sticking pedal? no need to swap to the GT500 pedal assembly? if so i'm swapping out the line when i do my MGW.

ViciousJay

Established Member
so the JHR clutch line really helps with the sticking pedal? no need to swap to the GT500 pedal assembly? if so i'm swapping out the line when i do my MGW.

it def helps!

as for SicShelb, those are so good times man!!!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Removing the helper spring pretty much turns your pedal assembly into a GT500 pedal assembly. Try the JHR line we have, a lot of people have been real happy with it, and pump the pedal before staging.

D.T.R

Established Member
Good times man... and also good info in this thread.

How come the lopey idle tune was slower?

SicShelby09

Banned
Good times man... and also good info in this thread.

How come the lopey idle tune was slower?

No it was faster. The drag tune was slower. Not sure why. Once I flashed back to the lopey street tune, I was going 116+ after that. There is no doubt that this car will run 11's with the stock box. I just need to be able to shift a little higher and not have to hesitate between shifts. It has the power easily though.

D.T.R

Established Member
No it was faster. The drag tune was slower. Not sure why. Once I flashed back to the lopey street tune, I was going 116+ after that. There is no doubt that this car will run 11's with the stock box. I just need to be able to shift a little higher and not have to hesitate between shifts. It has the power easily though.

Very nice buddy.
Yeah, i'm still running the stock box as well... and the car is running pretty strong for having just a mid pipe...

What are you launching at again? (it was probably said on your first post )

SicShelby09

Banned
Very nice buddy.
Yeah, i'm still running the stock box as well... and the car is running pretty strong for having just a mid pipe...

What are you launching at again? (it was probably said on your first post )

4k is where Im launching from. Not popping the clutch out, just slipping out of it and going wot at the same time. I cut a 1.67 sixty on one pass, but then the pedal stuck on the 1-2 and I aborted. I aborted everytime that happened. Then on some passes the 1-2 would be ok, but then the 2-3 would stick. ****ing crazy man. This car just doesnt like to be shifted over 6800. No wonder Ford put that 6850 soft limiter in there from the factory. It keeps you in the sweet spot, but allows you to touch the limiter and light up that pretty little gauge as a shift light. What a crock. Looks like that line is in order and maybe a clutch. But its just a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread