New best 1999 Cobra

Egreencobra

Established Member
I just bought some Mickeys off a buddy of mine and figured I should take the car to the track.
Previous best was a 13.7 at 102mph. Had a 2.0 sixty foot. This pass was with 305 MT street radial 2s.

Best pass of the night was a [email protected] with a 1.73 sixty foot. Only difference between the runs was a set of M/T et streets. The difference between the two sets of tires is crazy. I didnt figure it would make up that much time.
Here is a video of a 13.31 pass, my cameraman decided to sleep during my best pass...:fm:
13 31 vs bmw - YouTube

I was pretty impressed with the bolt on convertible. Next up is some 4.10s and maybe cams/ported intake. We will see where the car goes next.

SLPCobra

Established Member
+1 on rear gear
and nice times by the way got a 99 vert cobra also :beer:

i need to get some more passes so i can get some practice on the launch in mine it was the first time i had went to the track ik its got more than 13.8s in it with the mph i had and i didnt really launch i just went off idle really ha.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You werent spraying that run were you?

clc44

Established Member
Nice runs. Def add a gear, LT's and ported intake. Get it trapping 106-110 and knock down some mid 12's.

wma8706

Established Member
With your car being heavier than a coup and staying NA ... Id seriously consider 4.30 or 4.56! I don't race my car but daily drive it with 4.30 for the last 8 yrs and still love it! Don't fear the gear. I'd consider the 4.10's for your vert only if you plan on adding a CF blower.

99MystiC

Established Member
Thats what i tell everyone. Tires are an awesome mod for getting those ets. Congrats and start adding more mods!!!

Egreencobra

Established Member
Thanks guys! I have a set of 4.10s sitting in the house. Just arguing with myself if I should do a 31 spline diff/axles at the same time or go with the stocker till it breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread