New Autobahn Vid

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
Not that exciting - just trying to get better at editing. Chopped this one down to just over one minute - make sure you watch in HD. Feedback welcome - if it sucks - say so.

[video=youtube_share;hL_t4JcwUAE]http://youtu.be/hL_t4JcwUAE[/video]

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Question for you... I figure Mustang ownership is rare as it is in Deutschland and GT500 owners even smaller. I was in Stuttgart on Wednesday for business, and I saw a White GT500 right near the MB arena. You have any idea who that is? Can't believe there is two GT500's in Stuttgart, that is awesome. I had a great but easy drive to Affalterbach... I was there on business and my is Stuttgart gorgeous.

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
I know of 4 2013\14 GT500s owned by Americans in the Stuttgart area. There are a few owned by Germans too. I see tem at Meilenwerk and at Schropps Tuning. He specializes in Mustang tuning (he has a Superflow Dyno). Don't remember seeing a white GT500 though. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I did have a little fun with a 2SS on Sunday. The guy wanted to play and he paid for it:coolman:

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
BTW, if you ever want to hook up for a Black Forest ride, or go to a Meilenwerk event, shoot me a PM.

I guess Hockenheim was open last Saturday for tourist days. Anyone can take their car on the track and beat the sheize out of it. I plan on hitting the ring later this summer and attend a few of the drag races at Bittburg

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Sweet video! but don't use the YouTube auto stabilizer, makes the footage look like jellow. Also try shooting at 60fps in 720p or 1080p when moving fast. Cool to be able to be on the autobahn in a Shelby :beer:

phoenix64

Established Member
Good video. I loved my time in Germany. I highly recommend the nurburgring, its more fun, and easier on your car.

Also I recommend an external mic with a wind muff. Mine only cost about 50$

[video=youtube;oP3_3xMoCcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP3_3xMoCcg[/video]

BV600

Established Member
+1 on not using Schropp. Had procharged 2012 GT over that is now a shop car for a Ford Dealer over there

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job with the video. Your GT500 sounds great. Definitely Autobahn fun there! :rockon:

99arboC

Established Member
Great video and a external mic would help with the sound.

Not true. The ring can do a lot more damage to your car than the autobahn.

Yep! This is not me and don't know the guy but a good save NSFW some swearing at end of vid
This is at the Hockenhiemring this past weekend.
[video=youtube_share;JGuzVk0HTsU]http://youtu.be/JGuzVk0HTsU[/video]

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
My kid has been begging to go to both Hockenheim and Nurbergring since I bought my GT in 2010. I think I am a good driver, but know I am no expert race driver by any stretch of the term. Plus, I read the stories on open track days of drivers that get over confident and smash something good.

Btw, you are completely responsible for any damage to your car, other's cars, track damage, etc. Your insurance won't bail you out.

afro

Why?
Established Member
Yep! This is not me and don't know the guy but a good save NSFW some swearing at end of vid
This is at the Hockenhiemring this past weekend.
[video=youtube_share;JGuzVk0HTsU]http://youtu.be/JGuzVk0HTsU[/video]

holy shit! looks like guy lost brakes and drifted it to a stop. Pro-level driving right there.

-fro

Users who are viewing this thread