New article on Ford media

reason4treason

Established Member
Still looking forward to times though and surprised Ford has remained mum about that this far along in the process.

Good see my color combo/wheel style here...minus the glass roof, even if it is just the same computer-generated depiction available on the configurator. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it sits well with me.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
When I talked to the SVT guys today at RA they said there wont be any times posted, they want the owners to get their hands on them and post their times.
One of the engineers did say they got a better time around the N-burg than the ZL1 did, he wouldnt tell me what the time was though

reason4treason

Established Member
When I talked to the SVT guys today at RA they said there wont be any times posted, they want the owners to get their hands on them and post their times.
One of the engineers did say they got a better time around the N-burg than the ZL1 did, he wouldnt tell me what the time was though

I'm sure they have their logic and somebody here will no doubt explain their view of that rationale. I'd rather both their stats posted earlier, and individual owners.
And, if that's SVT's plan, then how about busting a move and expediting GT500s actually being under the influence of owners' leadfoot and shifting skills, instead of being in the processing/production/transport twilight zone somewhere.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm sure they have their logic and somebody here will no doubt explain their view of that rationale. I'd rather both their stats posted earlier, and individual owners.
And, if that's SVT's plan, then how about busting a move and expediting GT500s actually being under the influence of owners' leadfoot and shifting skills, instead of being in the processing/production/transport twilight zone somewhere.

They'd rather leave it to the owners and the press than have their numbers picked apart and have to defend them.

BossAnaki

Established Member
They'd rather leave it to the owners and the press than have their numbers picked apart and have to defend them.

I agree, GM could've avoided half their embarrassment if they just would have kept their filthy pie holes shut.:nonono:

Imanutjob

Established Member
Did anyone notice this part:

"Coupled with that feature is a dual-color tachometer that provides amber warning at redline, when the over-rev feature is engaged. Once the over-rev times out, the redline returns to red."

Is over-rev something you can turn on or is it automatic? If automatic, how often can you use it? Is there a specific time you have to wait?

Imanutjob

Redzone

Established Member

I'm not buying this explanation,but please hear me out before I get flamed. At the end of the day Ford is in the business of making money. That's where it begins & ends. They don't build cars for the fun of it,it's all about the Benjamins. The same as any other non non-profit business on this Earth.

Can anyone else remember another performance car that didn't have its performance numbers revealed before release? Cause I sure can't. I knew months in advance what to expect from my first GT500 and my FGT performance wise.

With ZL1's on the lots now,why not release the numbers(if favorable) and steal some sales? Especially if the GT500 blows the ZL1 back to the stone age,like we all think it will.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about all this,but it does make me wonder. The last thing I want is those F*cktards over at C5 to have any shred of a chance to hang their hat on.

Sparko

Established Member
I'm not buying this explanation,but please hear me out before I get flamed. At the end of the day Ford is in the business of making money. That's where it begins & ends. They don't build cars for the fun of it,it's all about the Benjamins. The same as any other non non-profit business on this Earth.

Can anyone else remember another performance car that didn't have its performance numbers revealed before release? Cause I sure can't. I knew months in advance what to expect from my first GT500 and my FGT performance wise.

With ZL1's on the lots now,why not release the numbers(if favorable) and steal some sales? Especially if the GT500 blows the ZL1 back to the stone age,like we all think it will.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about all this,but it does make me wonder. The last thing I want is those F*cktards over at C5 to have any shred of a chance to hang their hat on.

I totally agree. Pre-release of numbers could have pre-sold even more cars than they already have. My only guess is they did not have the test cars available that were equivalent to actual production cars. The videos we have seen may have actually been mules testing parts or set ups for evaluation in which case it would not be honest to comment on performance comparisons.

This all will be very interesting when we get to see actual numbers ! No matter what those numbers are i will have lots of fun with my GT 500 Vert...when it finally arrives !

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
Did anyone notice this part:

"Coupled with that feature is a dual-color tachometer that provides amber warning at redline, when the over-rev feature is engaged. Once the over-rev times out, the redline returns to red."

Is over-rev something you can turn on or is it automatic? If automatic, how often can you use it? Is there a specific time you have to wait?

Imanutjob

Over-rev is "always on". It simply means that you can wander beyond redline and up to 7k RPM for up to 8 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread