New and need advice about buying

Rockman2012

Established Member
Hey I've been a member for awhile on here but I am just now getting back into cars and I was looking to buy a terminator but I found this other car that I was gonna buy and drive it for a year or so to get use to cars again. I need your advice on this car weather it's a good buy or not.

here's the car copied right from ad he wants 11k

01 mustang gt with a 1998 cobra engine B headed naturally aspirated 4 valve cobra swap, 5 speed 63,xxx miles, new oil pump, stage 2 SHM cams, Comp cams high tension valve springs , spec stage 2 clutch, steeda clutch adjuster kit, 3 angle valve job on heads . full exhaust pacesetter longtube headers, pacesetter off road X-pipe and magnaflow magnapacs, chrome staggered deep dish 18 inch bullit wheels, lowered on steeda springs, tubular k member, ,mach 460 audio, leather, tinted headlights, HID headlights and fog lights, LED switchback turn signal, k&n intake,autometer lunar custum gauges, upr lower control arms, lowered 2 inches, caster camber plates, Steeda bumpsteer kit (drives great!), mach 1 chin spoiler, Bullit style pedal assembly, big cobra brakes, 3.90 gear set, Ford Racing clutchs in differential (posi) MGWshort shifter, comes with tons of extra stock parts.super clean no rust!!! PUT DOWN 355HP 300TQ to the ground so near 400 crank horsepower. cams and clutch and many other parts only have 1000 miles on them

Advice?

Last edited:

Rockman2012

Established Member
No i didn't blue book it yet but is it worth buying a 01 mustang gt? It has a 98 cobra engine swapped into it. Should I wait another year and get a newer gt or possibly a cobra?

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
Do you know the person selling it? Does he have copies of all the receipts to the work he is claiming went into it? Who uses Sean Hyland cams and then throws on pacesetter long tubes? That seems a bit odd to me, from one extreme to the other. If the car looks like it was a clean swap and your happy with it cosmetically take it to a mechanic and have it checked out. Compression etc... If it checks out, I don't see you being disappointed with that set up, but take your time & don't get into a rush. There are plenty of cars out there!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I totally agree about not rush into anything. You need to first decide what you really want. Do you want a Cobra? If so, what year? Do you want a GT? If so, what year and what equipment? Would you prefer a 2003-2004 Cobra? If so, set money aside monthly towards a down payment and look for one next Spring. They're on the market all the time in a pretty wide price range depending on condition and mileage. Bottom line is that unless you're pressed for time, don't jump into something that isn't exactly what you're wanting. You'll likely regret it in the end. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread