New ADS Meastro Dash Kit 2013 test fit installed

scott_0

Established Member
Pardon me if this has been answered. I have a 13 GT with Shaker 500. I have changed the speakers. Now I want more. I've looked at tons of threads and I just don't understand why it's so important to keep Sync. It's a piece of crap. You can get an adapter for the steering wheel buttons and head units come with microphones and bluetooth. What am I missing?
I like the fact you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to take or make a call with Sync being integrated, but other than that I could do without Sync

Is sync integrated into the BCM of the car? maybe you can get your vehicle's modules flashed with ASBUILT data from a non-sync car?
What do you mean? what's the advantage here?

califsp

Established Member
All I'm saying is it seems that we're spending money to integrate Sync with our aftermarket head units. Why is it so important?

5.0_SD

Established Member
Im guessing you had the subs, amp and speakers replaced as well? Next time the Audio cuts out see if the external amplifier is on (the green light on?) if its not, then I would think it is the remote wire shutting down on the headunit for some reason. When you reset the radio its powering off then supplying power again to the remote wire, could be a pinched remote wire? possibly. You could also have the people that installed the items check their installation wiring, because the headunit has a protection mode it goes into if there is some sort of short which resets when you turn on and off the car.
Thanks for the reply...it didn't do it all weekend, but it happened this morning just once :shrug:

scott_0

Established Member
All I'm saying is it seems that we're spending money to integrate Sync with our aftermarket head units. Why is it so important?

fwiw the big plus on this system isn't really about the Sync integration, it's more about the oem like dash panel and the climate control being controlled through the head unit, I rarely even use Sync, except to make or receive phone calls, I do like the being able to push the voice button my steering wheel and saying "call home" good shit, but other than that I didn't need Sync

califsp

Established Member
Thanks scott. I was also thinking how great it would be to get rid of the oem screen and move the H/U all the way to the top. The climate is controlled via the H/U anyway. Man we're a pain about our cars!

m4tic

Established Member
Thanks scott. I was also thinking how great it would be to get rid of the oem screen and move the H/U all the way to the top. The climate is controlled via the H/U anyway. Man we're a pain about our cars!

you cant really move the headunit. It's ISO mounted to the middle of the radio area. now if you want to hack away some of the mounting points and mount the radio in a cage to a custom dash plate... that may work.

12V Guy

Established Member
fwiw the big plus on this system isn't really about the Sync integration, it's more about the oem like dash panel and the climate control being controlled through the head unit, I rarely even use Sync, except to make or receive phone calls, I do like the being able to push the voice button my steering wheel and saying "call home" good shit, but other than that I didn't need Sync

If you want to dial by voice, or ask for a playlist, artist, song or similar music (which builds a playlist similar to the song you are playing) then Sync is amazing. We demonstrated our interface on the floor of the Consumer Electronics Show with a fully functional Sync system on the display boards. It recognized every voice command for 4 days flawlessly, with around 90dB of background noise no less. So, I think it's fair to say that I have not seen a voice recognition system from the aftermarket with quite the same success rate.

It's definitely a love it or hate it relationship, but I own 2008 Edge and I use it all the time. I have 40GB of music on an old iPod in center console that I just leave plugged in. It is all indexed and I can ask for anything on there with my voice.

And the hands-free telephone voice quality is simply awesome. Aftermarket comes close here, but often after much tweaking and tuning of the microphone settings and location. That's all handled for you with Sync.

So don't hate me because I like it. I am not only the President of the Hair Club for Men, I am a customer. :)

Mushtang

Established Member
Ok BIG update the guy's at Sound of Tri-State have gave me package deals for all the members of this forum, let me know what you think!

DNN990HD

ADSMRR

ADSKITMUS01

= was $2200 / Now $1799.99 / $500 COUPON for SVT forum members only coupon code SOTS500 – makes final price for all three pieces $1299.99

Kenwood DNN990HD Navigation receiver with Wi-Fi ADSKITMUS1 ADS Maestro Mustang Ford Kit and ADSMRR Steering Wheel Control Adapter

DNN770HD

ADSMRR

ADSKITMUS01

= was $1999 / Now $1599.99 / $500 COUPON for SVT forum members only coupon code SOTS500 – makes the price for all three pieces 1099.99

Kenwood eXcelon DNN770HD In-Dash 6.1" Touchscreen DVD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ GPS Navigation, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Ready with the iDatalink ADS-KIT-MUS01 Factory Integration Fit Kit with iDatalink ADS-MRR Factory Integration Adapter

DNX890HD

ADSMRR

ADSKITMUS01

= was $1800 / Now $1499.99 / $400 COUPON for SVT forum members only coupon code SOTS400 – makes the price for all three pieces $1099.99

Kenwood Excelon DNX890HD Navigation receiver 6.1" WVGA double-DIN Navigation/DVD Receiver, Built-in Bluetooth Automatic BT pairing for iPhone with ADSKITMUS1 and ADSMRR Maestro Steering Wheel Adapter and Mustang Kit

DNX690HD

ADSMRR

ADSKITMUS01

= was $1500 / Now $1250.99 / $250 COUPON for SVT forum members only coupon code SOTS250 --- makes the price for all three pieces $1000.99

Kenwood Excelon DNX690HD Navigation receiver 13C 6.1" WVGA double-DIN Navigation/DVD Receiver, Built-in Bluetooth Automatic BT pairing for iPhone ADS Maestro ADSMRR and ADSKITMUS01 Mustang Kit

Your people would have to purchased them direct through the sound of tri-state website using those links I provided and then use the coupon code to get the additional money off. It’s a pretty amazing deal for all three pieces. Please take a look when you have time and post in your forum for your people to cash in on the deal. We wanted to come up with a few options for people that have some tight budget restrictions. I have been reading the posts on your thread and noticed a few people were tight on money so we came up with these and we also have that financing offer as well.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Joy Woodruff

Sound of Tri-State

302-792-9011 x122

http://www.facebook.com/soundoftristate?sk=wallhttp://www.soundoftristate.com/
Car Audio, Video, Navigation, Subwoofers, and Amplifiers
Mobile Electronics Retailer of the Year 2009 & 2010

Monday - Friday

10a-5p ET

They just extended this deal for SVT members until after St. Patties Day :rockon:

m4tic

Established Member
They just extended this deal for SVT members until after St. Patties Day :rockon:

IMHO It's a little expensive now that the 2013 kenwood headunits are becoming discontinued/unavailable and the price of new 2013 units continue to drop as the 2014 items are brought to shelves. I'm still happy with the deal as I got in when the price of a new 890hd was still 1200/1400. I may upgrade to the DNX891HD and sell my DNX890HD.

Kenwood Excelon DNX890HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

Kenwood DNX891HD In-Dash Double DIN 7" LCD Touchscreen DVD/MP3/

scott_0

Established Member
is that your start up screen in the second shot? I really like that! care to share it? if so, you could post it up or email me, I'd totally appreciate it

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
If anyone is looking to purchase this setup, shoot me a PM. Considering trading my car in and want to put the stock deck back in it. I have the DNX890HD setup.

Users who are viewing this thread