New 99 Cobra

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I picked up my first Cobra last week and thought I'd toss up a few pics. I wasn't really in the market for a Cobra but it was a deal I couldn't pass up. It's also my first 4V car so I've been doing quite a bit of research about where to start mod wise. The only mod so far is a Steeda Tri-ax that was left over from a fox project. I picked up the car with 63,785 miles and bone stock save for bolt in SFCs installed by a PO. I'm pleased with the condition overall, but it will require some time spent on the paint.

The only immediate mods planned are:

H&R race springs
Bilstein HDs
MM CC plates
MM FLSC
Clutch kit - still on original
Wheels/tires
Headlights

Currently have Steeda X2s and MM bumpsteer kit that will go on with the other suspension mods.

To the pics now.

20160930_154410_zpszymaynlf.jpg

20160930_154430_zpsks7kxryn.jpg

20160930_154526_zpslltbwshx.jpg

20160930_154554_zpsqvbaybja.jpg

20160930_154618_zpsxiwcchuy.jpg

20160930_154626_zps4xo3sfdw.jpg

Here are some shots of what it's joining in the garage.

20160829_123937_zpsyu3abs3w.jpg

20160829_123910_zpstbaxsqwd.jpg

Orange95

Established Member
Thanks man! I'm enjoying the car quite a bit more than expected. It's a nice change from the pushrod cars I'm used to driving.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Congrats! how much did you get it for? And yeah throw those headlights in the trash like I did with mine when I bought it years ago. I got an oem 03/04 set from tousley ford back in the day.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Clean car. Too bad you're not local. I have a set of H&R's I'm trying up get rid of.

And like Ashley said, those are standard on convertibles. I think they put them on Mach 1's as well. You'll notice a big difference with the MM connectors.

Last edited:

Orange95

Established Member
Congrats! how much did you get it for? And yeah throw those headlights in the trash like I did with mine when I bought it years ago. I got an oem 03/04 set from tousley ford back in the day.

Thanks! I'm in it for $8100. I've been looking for some headlight options because these are terrible. I'm picking up an 01 rear bumper and some bullitt side scoops for it tomorrow too.

Last edited:

Orange95

Established Member
That's good to know, I had no idea the SFCs were factory pieces.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thanks! I'm in it for $8100. I've been looking for some headlight options because these are terrible. I'm picking up an 01 rear bumper and some bullitt side scoops for it tomorrow too.

Just go with oem Ford headlights, all the Ebay ones are crap, ask me how I know!

Orange95

Established Member
Just go with oem Ford headlights, all the Ebay ones are crap, ask me how I know!

That's what I'll end up doing. I learned a lesson with ebay lights in my 95 as well.

Looks good man. Making jealous I need to get mine running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I know that feeling all too well.

Definitely needs lowered. If you have big plans for it, skip the MM's and go for the stifflers kit.

I agree, I'm already tired of the 4x4 look. The H&Rs should be here sometime next week and the Bilsteins will follow shortly. I'll take a look at the Stifflers stuff, but the plan is to keep this one relatively tame other than gears/exhaust/tune. I'm working on a 5.4 4v swap in my 95 so that should help keep this one stockish.

She's nice and clean, congrats!

Thanks! The paint needs a little attention but she has potential for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread