New 6.4L TT PSD

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Im just going by what I have read about it, it definatly could be untrue.

I really like that the oil change interval has gone up along witht he fuel filter interval. That plus the added power :burnout: I hope though that these motors don't have any major bugs because Ford cannot afford another early 6.0 mess again.

I really like the Dual Turbo design of one small turbo feeding the larger turbo, that plus the added displacement is really gonna mean less spool time and better throtle response- which is what the 6.0 is lacking.

I feel that if this motor can be released with out any major bugs, and if can achive better MPG's than the competitors then not only will the trucks sell like crazy, but I'll have one by 2008. Im gonna test drive one as soon as they hit the lots to see exactly how it all feels and looks.
I think the biggest thing Im gonna miss is not being able to pump out as much (or not at all even) black smoke as I do now :pepper:
Either way it's looking real good and Im excited to check it all out! :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
FordRacing200 said:
with diesels, power isn't anything, its all about the torque! I can't wait to see how this new one plays out, we're all about truck pulls here in town so it'll be sweet to see how these things do with an exhaust and some more boost!!!

It is when it comes to sales. People like to see big hp #'s.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
If you are around the c-series in commercial trucks you would know. They seem short on power, do horrible on fuel(3.2-3.5 mpg) They have funky crankcase ventilation problems among other things. I have seen several with trashed turbo's, and it just seems like an extrememly poor setup. They run extremely high manifold pressures with very little fuel. I don't think I have met one accert owner that is truly happen with their new truck. From what I heard at the unveiling of the new 6.4 navistar/ford was bragging that it was "accert" technology. It might be the best thing since the invention of diesel motors, but I doubt it.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
call me old fashioned but i hate all of this clean air crap. i like a truck that blows black smoke all over the place and one that you can hear from two miles away. imo

FordRacing200

Banned
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
call me old fashioned but i hate all of this clean air crap. i like a truck that blows black smoke all over the place and one that you can hear from two miles away. imo
so just put a strait pipe out the side, the turbo will suffocate any noise, all you'll hear is the whistle, a local did it with a 101mm turbo, it KILLS your ears at 1/8 throttle, but its so badass! :-D

knowfreed0m said:
Im just going by what I have read about it, it definatly could be untrue.

I really like that the oil change interval has gone up along witht he fuel filter interval. That plus the added power :burnout: I hope though that these motors don't have any major bugs because Ford cannot afford another early 6.0 mess again.

I really like the Dual Turbo design of one small turbo feeding the larger turbo, that plus the added displacement is really gonna mean less spool time and better throtle response- which is what the 6.0 is lacking.

I feel that if this motor can be released with out any major bugs, and if can achive better MPG's than the competitors then not only will the trucks sell like crazy, but I'll have one by 2008. Im gonna test drive one as soon as they hit the lots to see exactly how it all feels and looks.
I think the biggest thing Im gonna miss is not being able to pump out as much (or not at all even) black smoke as I do now :pepper:
Either way it's looking real good and Im excited to check it all out! :beer:
black smoke is a sign of a non-efficent diesel, thats why banks diesels don't blow black smoke, because they're efficent. that doesnt mean others aren't good, it just means that banks is better :D If they don't change the emissons laws for diesels, then just put a diff intake/exhaust setup on it and you'll be set!

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
so just put a strait pipe out the side, the turbo will suffocate any noise, all you'll hear is the whistle, a local did it with a 101mm turbo, it KILLS your ears at 1/8 throttle, but its so badass! :-D

black smoke is a sign of a non-efficent diesel, thats why banks diesels don't blow black smoke, because they're efficent. that doesnt mean others aren't good, it just means that banks is better :D If they don't change the emissons laws for diesels, then just put a diff intake/exhaust setup on it and you'll be set!
smoke=fuel. 99% of diesels with fuel clear out when boost is built on turbo'd applications. You will always have motor noise, the turbo doesn't suffocate all of it, but you can hear it. It changes the tone out of the exhaust, you are hearing the intake side. Your opinion about banks is just your opinion, but smoke= fuel, and fuel=power. Maybe thats why banks doesn't smoke?? I'm not the biggest fan of banks diesel products, but if you are great.

Users who are viewing this thread