New 5.0 or whippled terminator help me decide!!

KNGCBR

Established Member
Ok well the wife wants a new 5.0 and I want a whippled
terminator. I like the new 5.0 but i refuse to get an automatic and i am not to impressed with the 6speed tranny. I like everything else about the new 5.0 though. Driving me nuts trying to decide.

5pointslo

Established Member
Dude not all mt's are failing just a few. Get a t56 swap if it comes up. Termi's are sweet but old news and have their own set of issues

KNGCBR

Established Member
Dude not all mt's are failing just a few. Get a t56 swap if it comes up. Termi's are sweet but old news and have their own set of issues

I understand its not all but I do not like any that i have test drove. The tranny doesnt compare to a t56. The termie I want has a whipple with over 600hp. Thats a number i would shoot for on the 5.0 as well, but the termie is done and ready to just get in and drive no more mods necessary. I would upgrade the tranny if it went. I am concerned at pushing the coyote tothe level i want it. The termies stock internals r up to the task. Sheesh driving me nuts but i really love the new interior and body style if it had a different manual i probably would have it in my driveway already ahhh i wish i was rich i would have both.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
No way in hell i could drive a SN95 after an S197 no matter how much HP the SN95 has.

cmsnake

Established Member
New auto's in the 5.0 are no joke. Not to mention the new style, better interior, better mpg, better reliability, cheaper on insurance. No brainer, the 5.0 is the better choice. Especially with a blower. Termi's are sweet and all but their time has come and gone.

stang1971

Established Member
Ok well the wife wants a new 5.0 and I want a whippled
terminator. I like the new 5.0 but i refuse to get an automatic and i am not to impressed with the 6speed tranny. I like everything else about the new 5.0 though. Driving me nuts trying to decide.

i live in kc and have a 2011 auto with a stall and gears.. exhaust... come take a ride with me before you think autos are boring. im selling mine too if you like grabber blue.

stang1971

Established Member
Why r u selling it?
getting married in spring. plus it has ended up more as a daily driver then a street/track car.... car is in excellent shape.... runs like a top..... goess 11.9x's all day long in this weather.. 12.0-12.1 in 100+ weather.i will even throw in my set of racestars thats have dr's on the back and skinnies up front.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I've owned both. I'll never ever go back to a termi. Loved it but this is so much more car. Throw a tvs or whipped at it and you've got 100x more and better car than the termi can ever be.

KNGCBR

Established Member
I've owned both. I'll never ever go back to a termi. Loved it but this is so much more car. Throw a tvs or whipped at it and you've got 100x more and better car than the termi can ever be.

Thanks for the reply I really to hear from someone who has owned both

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Why do u say this?

Because he has a Cobra. :pepper:

You're right to look for opinions of those who have owned both. Everything else is just biased "I like mine!" opinion.

That said, on paper the new GT is a better base platform. But the Cobra you're looking at is already there. Do you intend to mod the GT? If you're willing to put the time and money into it, you will end up with a better car with the new GT. If you just want to grab the keys out of someone's hands and go, buy the whippled Cobra.

5pointslo

Established Member
Auto is boring and lazy. Dont buy an auto street car. Maybe if you want to track and shift like a robot. Not impressed by watching a machine shift, takes the thrill out of it for me. A bunch of people will get upset because they're all old and half the knees don't work anymore ;) I kid I kid

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I've owned both cars, personally I like my '12 GT much better then the Cobra. The interior is much nicer, I have more room, bigger trunk, quieter inside, and smoother overall! I also don't have to worry about the rear end blowing up like the Cobra's do. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Cobra but now having a new one I will never go back.

Blown281USMC

Established Member
Dude, I just sold my 625rwhp whippled '03 Cobra to get a 2011 Roush Stage 2

BEST DECISION EVER

The Roush handles just as good,...if not better than the IRS '03-'04 Cobra (imo) and with simple mods you can be at the same power level real quick

The interior is so much better, the chassis is stiffer, and the lines are sleeker.

Get the new 5.0 man. Auto or Manuaul,.. you will NOT be dissapointed.

Just like chico_mustangs said.... I will never go back.

Users who are viewing this thread