new 5.0 Missing seat belts and headrests

Robbyh17

Established Member
So I bought my GB 12' 5.0 in the Miami, Florida area last month and I live in Orlando about 4 hours away. When i bought the car i searched it up and down for anything suspect and any problems under the hood, drove it extensively, and checked the interior and exterior for any cosmetic issues and the car was as clean as could be. When I got the car home and had my father and girlfriend pile into the car for a test drive, I realized there were no seat belts in the back seat. At first I figured they were just stuck under the seat but after completely removing the seats they were no where to be found and even the hardware for the seat belts had been removed. Then, I also realized the rear seats have no headrests. I literally cant believe I didnt notice that considering how extensively I searched the car before I bought it but i guess I was looking too closely for minor things that I missed something very obvious. Anyways, 1 month later and the dealer near me finally gets the parts in for the car including all the seat belt hardware and headrest but there was a problem. The headrest will not lock into place when the service department simply just tried to install them. They are keeping the car over night to look into the problem but something they couldnt seem to figure out is why were the seatbelts and rear headrest removed and why would something as simple as sliding the headrest back in now be a major problem for them? does anyone have any insight into this? Honestly, its not a major problem for me because no one ever sits in my back seat but now I am very curious to know why it was that way? Is it possible they had the whole back seat removed and had some sort of racing set up on the car and 100% returned it to stock before it was sold? thats honestly the only thing I can think of but it seems pretty far fetched.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
probably had a rear seat delete. probably raced that car hard. which is a good thing. you have a proven warrior.

Robbyh17

Established Member
Yeah it is pretty obvious that is what happened. You all are right, but I forgot to mention that I was told the car was traded in by a woman who barely drove the car when I bought it. It only had 8,900 miles on it as well. So I guess I was just lied to but it is what is. As long as nothing they did hurt the car, I drove it rough too some days so I guess i shouldn't worry. I did have my local mechanic check the car as soon as I got it home too and he also said everything looked 100% clean besides the whole seat belt issue so I guess whoever owned the car did a great job of maintaining it and returning it to stock before selling.

Robbyh17

Established Member
Not to piss in your cornflakes, but why else would back seats be incomplete?

What if the previous driver had a pet tiger who they liked to keep in the back seat and one day it just went wild and tore it all to pieces? I dont know I was just thinking maybe it was something outside the obvious. Joking about the tiger by the way.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Op don't ever trust what they are telling you when they try to sell you a car. Especially in Miami.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Not to fond of your current residence? Lol.

oh believe me. i hate this freaking place. people are rude costumer service is none existent and traffic is ridiculous. and to make it all worse everything is overpriced and everyone is trying to rip you off.

Last edited:

Robbyh17

Established Member
oh believe me. i hate this freaking place. people are rude costumer service is none existent and traffic is ridiculous. and to make it all worse everything is overpriced and everyone is trying to rip you off.

That's rough. I had childhood dreams of living in a highrise in Miami making the big bucks haha. You should move up state if the opportunity ever presents itself. Traffic only exist during usual traffic hours like after work and I work in the customer service industry so atleast I would think it's pretty solid here.

madscotsman

Established Member
:idea:

Had a friend that left his dog unattended in his wife's minivan. It ate every headrest in the car and all the rear seatbelts. When he traded it in it didn't have any headrests and the part of the seatbelts the dog ate were coild up in the base (so nobody would tell until they actually pulled them out to fasten them)...

JOK3R

Established Member
Just because it may have been raced doesn't mean the car is a POS. Most people I know who race and drive hard take MUCH better care of their cars than normal everyday people I know, such as my mother who didn't change the oil in her Geo Tracker for 60,000 miles! (it became a black sludge-mud that had to be rinsed out). The car somehow still ran.

Users who are viewing this thread